PT Boats site.

patches

Yes Patches.

That is an excellent site for PT Boat enthusiasts,everything from history and research to modelling i am a member of it myself :thumbsup:

Mick

Thank you all, I did search around in the various forums to see if this had already been posted, but I did not see it, so I posted it, glad it was not up yet and that it is a site that interests.

• 3 weeks later...
Garandomatic

I got sidetracked about it, but they were very helpful in my research for my one and only PT Boater's uniform. SOMEDAY I'll build a model of the PT-129!

That site is very useful! I had a gentleman bring in his father's navy uniform and a list of PT boats he was on during WW2. He was a motor machinists mate and served on 5 different PTs that were lost. I was able to find a photo of one of them, PT-164, bombed at Rendova on August 1, 1943 (during which Don was wounded and received a Purple Heart). That night the squadron sent out the remaining boats to look for Japanese and one of those boats was PT-109 under Lt (JG) Jack Kennedy. As we all know, it was to be 109's last patrol! Here's a few photos of Don's shadowbox and PT-164 at Rendova.

I did a thread on him here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...&hl=Gardner

post-32676-1340110011.jpg

post-32676-1340110021.jpg