memorial day flea market finds

agate hunter

agate hunter

went to the memorial day packwood flea market yesterday and founds lots of great stuff.

post-10495-1338094262.jpg

LAW is marked as being loaded in 8-67. jungle jacket is 1969 dated. medal is WWII pacific campaign medal. boonie hat is size 7 1/4 and 1968 dated. sleeping shirt is extra large, 1969 dated. if anyone wants more pics of the flare gun, i'll pm more pics. it is dated 1941.

post-10495-1338094388.jpg

agate hunter

canteen is 1968 and cover is 1969. the set came with the strap as well.

post-10495-1338094533.jpg

reverse of rucksack, which is 1966 dated.

post-10495-1338094612.jpg

agate hunter

jungle jacket closeup. it has a patch shadow of what looks like the shape of the 4th I.D. patch.

post-10495-1338094914.jpg

LAW extended. both caps are missing and front sight is missing the plastic piece.

post-10495-1338094991.jpg

agate hunter

close up of binoculars. pretty sure they're military, but if anyone has any info on them that would be appreciated. the case says "Universal Camera Corporation", as does the binoculars. the snap says "lift the dot".

post-10495-1338095275.jpg

agate hunter
The flare gun looks older then 1941, no need for more pix, it just surprised me.

the date stamp is "dux 41". it is a model 1928. but since this is a US only forum, if anyone has any other questions about it PM me. i just thought i'd throw it in the pic because it was a cool find.

I have a set of binoculars that are very similar to the ones you have pictures posted of. If you look carefully on the opposite side of where the universal camera corporation logo is, you may find a British broad arrow marking. Mine was there but was very faint. I did some research on it and it appears that it is the same model that the United States was using, but was bought under a lend lease contract with the company just prior to the American involvement. The case should be US G.I. but again was sent to Britain just prior to our involvement in the war.