K-pot with ACU cover

krautpot

I "pimped" my recently bought mint K-pot with with an awesome new ACU cover (thanks to the seller Steve aka Hawkdriver! :thumbsup: ). It was a tough fight to pull the cover over the helmet. Cover size is medium/large, helmet size is L8. But I finally made it. The last step to finish my K-pot section of my helmet collection is a pot with DCU cover. The next project will be the ACH helmet. The bad thing is, they are more expensive than a decent WWII M1... :crying:

post-3208-1337935361.jpg

post-3208-1337935385.jpg

Nice. If you really want to go for it, you can get goggles and helmet bands in ACU foliage green! ;)

Nice. If you really want to go for it, you can get goggles and helmet bands in ACU foliage green! ;)

Thanks Ian! You are right, it would round up the setup.

Longbranch
Thanks Ian! You are right, it would round up the setup.

Personally, I'd leave the helmet as-is. It's completely correct as it sits. In fact, those OD goggles you currently have were one of the most commonly used goggle types, along with the black NVG profile ESS goggles with the grey clips on the sides. The OD helmet band is completely correct as well... OD bands were even used on the ACHs quite a bit. No reason to go out and find pieces for a helmet that is perfectly correct as is.

Also, ACHs are far cheaper than any complete WWII helmet. You can find complete ACHs for well under $100. You can barely get a complete WWII era helmet liner for that, let alone complete with a nice original M1 shell to go with it.

If you are really wanting to get an example of every PASGT configuration, you have several other covers you'll need to find. The "urban camo" T-pattern cover used by the USMC for trials comes to mind. Also, the Countermine ballistic cover is another you'll have to find.