Tench Art Painting

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

I started painting for myself and people liked what they saw and the rest is history. People sell reproductions of bomber jackets but I paint, usually one-off items. I've painted cloth and leather jackets, duffle bags, map cases, helmets, tables, foot lockers, and whatever people want. Primarily military but I have had civilian requests and will likely be contracted to paint sports equipment soon. Hopefully not too busy to paint militaria, which I prefer.

Trench Art Productions are items that a guy in a unit would have painted because he had some artistic capability. Some of the items were of poor paint quality, some was good and some was even better, but all of the painting was imperfect-- the uniqueness of the imperfections sets items apart as more authentic rather than iron on paint-transfer perfect. I hand paint each item and most of my customers give me a guideline and then let me have artistic freedom to create a trench are piece for them.

Costs are $100-$300 depending on the detail for Leather and Cloth Jackets

Smaller items are $20-$50

The more detail, the more the cost as you can surmise.

I'll post some more pictures as I get the customers to bring the items in for pictures :thumbsup:

Airborne Jackets

000_4634.jpg

000_4620.jpg

000_4618.jpg

000_4621.jpg

000_4622.jpg

000_4631.jpg

000_4625.jpg

Rock

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

This bomber jacket is going out Monday. The Nephew had me produce it for his still living Uncle, for whom the jacket is produced. The Uncle never had his jacket painted during WWII but wished he had, so I made one up for him. The airplane, numbers, markings, squadron, and group are all authentic to his service time. This one-off piece will likely never be produced again: it'll be worth more than it's price as the Veteran puts on his jacket the first time.

Sorry for the poor quality pics, my Wife was wearing it in a hallway.

000_4646.jpg

000_4642.jpg

000_4643.jpg

000_4644.jpg

Rock

That's pretty cool service you offer. I specifically bought a spare m 41 jacket just a try my hand at this, but I don't think I'll be nearly as good as you are.