CHASEUSA11B

My First Cavalry collection

Hello everyone. I recently decided to pull out all of my uniforms and inventory all the pieces in my collection. As I was doing so I decided to put all of my 1st Cav items together for a quick layout. Let me know if anyone wants closeups. :thumbsup:

post-6201-1337821743.jpg

WOW! I love the pennants (SP?)! :bravo:

WANT TO BUY:

Titled case set "U.S. Typhus Commission";

Titled case "Medal for Merit";

ASMIC: 1677

OMSA: 6045

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

i think COOL

any horsed 1st Cav division stuff you want to show of?

Always looking for WW2 Cavalry,Pack Mule and Constabulary horse platoon stuff.

WOW! I love the pennants (SP?)! :bravo:

Thanks, the pennants are my favorite too. I'd like to get another pair in the opposite colors but I don't see them come around to often.

Very nice collection!

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

My best friends father was with the First in W.W2. Whenmy buddy was a child he asked his father what the black stripe stood for. With a straight face he told his son that it seperates the Horse "Crap" from the Bull "Crap". He did not say "crap" but you get the meaning. That man had so many great stories.

Steve

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Always looking for anything related to the 8th AAF and flight gear of W.W.2.

Also any info on Advisory Team 98 the unit my late father served in.

the other one about the shoulder patch is a little cruel and very misleading

"the line they never crossed and the horse they never rode"

Always looking for WW2 Cavalry,Pack Mule and Constabulary horse platoon stuff.

Great stuff, were you in the Cav? If I may, you would want to get this Book, it's by Edward Hymoff, dated 1967, it is an excellent period book, it lists in the Back all KIAs up till late 1966 and all Valor Award recipents up to that date, I have an original dated one so they are out there still. The Large Vietnam one I got, just got it last month as a matter of fact, lucked out on a E-Bay bidding war, didn't get soaked to bad at all, I was looking for this book for a few years, I first seen it way back when in early June 1980 at the Fort Hood post library, I must have taken it out about four seprate time in the year I was in the Cav. The Book thats of a large format and just says First Team, for what period is that?

post-34986-1345775230.jpg

Very cool. My brother was First Cav in VN and I've always liked them since. Nice collection!! :thumbsup:

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items

Awesome the way you displayed the jackets for the photo.

Great collection.

donation2013.gif

Thanks for the comments guys, I have a few new things I'll post here shortly. Let me know if anyone wants close ups of the uniforms. I appreciate your looking :thumbsup:

Great stuff, were you in the Cav? If I may, you would want to get this Book, it's by Edward Hymoff, dated 1967, it is an excellent period book, it lists in the Back all KIAs up till late 1966 and all Valor Award recipents up to that date, I have an original dated one so they are out there still. The Large Vietnam one I got, just got it last month as a matter of fact, lucked out on a E-Bay bidding war, didn't get soaked to bad at all, I was looking for this book for a few years, I first seen it way back when in early June 1980 at the Fort Hood post library, I must have taken it out about four seprate time in the year I was in the Cav. The Book thats of a large format and just says First Team, for what period is that?

Yes I was in 1st Cav, thanks for asking. I spent my short military career as an Infantryman with 1/9 Cav--the class A and Stetson are mine from 2005.

I think I might have lost the bidding war with you on that book, I am trying to get a hold of all the major Cav literature out there, hopefully another one will show up on eBay soon. As for the one with the large gold patch, that was a happy eBay surprise. I almost didnt bid on it as I had never seen it before and I think I paid around $25 for it.

It is a unit history from the early days of the Cav through its publication in the mid 80's, but the best part is the back of the book where former members of the 1st Cav sent in pictures of themselves with brief bios. It has some awesome pictures of uniform variations there are great stories that show the veterans pride in the unit. I will post some pics from the book shortly.

Thanks for the comments guys, I have a few new things I'll post here shortly. Let me know if anyone wants close ups of the uniforms. I appreciate your looking :thumbsup:

Yes I was in 1st Cav, thanks for asking. I spent my short military career as an Infantryman with 1/9 Cav--the class A and Stetson are mine from 2005.

I think I might have lost the bidding war with you on that book, I am trying to get a hold of all the major Cav literature out there, hopefully another one will show up on eBay soon. As for the one with the large gold patch, that was a happy eBay surprise. I almost didnt bid on it as I had never seen it before and I think I paid around $25 for it.

It is a unit history from the early days of the Cav through its publication in the mid 80's, but the best part is the back of the book where former members of the 1st Cav sent in pictures of themselves with brief bios. It has some awesome pictures of uniform variations there are great stories that show the veterans pride in the unit. I will post some pics from the book shortly.

Here's two more, you aint gonna like the price, the one I won cost me 78 dollars and Change with shipping, it was a very good condition, but with these two, granted though the more expensive one is certainly in way, way better condition almost like new, than the other one? YAOO, looks like a Track ran over it :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1st-Air-Cavalry-Di...=item1e71857a6f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-1st-Air-Cavalr...=item2321600fbc

post-6201-1345783719.jpg

Here's an updated picture of my books, sorry about the glare.

You're right patches, I wasn't happy with the prices on the Vietnam book but I actually have two of them now and they are excellent books. I paid a lttle more than you for each of them but you don't see them come up for decent prices that often.

post-6201-1345784062.jpg

Here's a WW2 history that the veteran personalized by listing his dates of service and campaigns. He also highlighted areas in the book that mentioned his unit.

A detail of the stick pin

post-6201-1345784633.jpg

post-6201-1345784640.jpg

An Occupation handkerchief with an Occupation Christmas card and a Vietnam Christmas card.

Great Collection!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Curator/Owner Ghost Squadron Military Museum,

Curator, South Alberta Light Horse Regimental Museum

Collector of;
U.S. Infantry, uniforms, and equipment, 1860 to 1950, Primarily the 41st and 88th Infantry Divisions of WW1 and WW2, United States Army Air Force, Anything B-17 Flying Fortress related, National Guard of Pennsylvania, Royal Canadian Air Force, 4th Canadian Armored division. Springfield Armory firearms, U.S. military firearms in general.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Here is my 500 piece 1st Cav Insignia Collection. Let me know if you want closeups, especially the patch-type pieces as I have some of the hard to find pieces. I'll ad anothe picture to get you breathing heavy! :rolleyes: Danny

post-1691-0-93544700-1357260398.jpg

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Forum Member #1691 since September 2007

Served in the US Army from 1960-80

First Sergeant (Retired)

Vietnam 1967 with 7-15th FA ~ [8"/175mm Gun] First Field Forces

Vietnam 1968 with 1-30th FA ~ [155mm] 1st Cavalry Division [AIRMOBILE]

President & Historian 30th FA Regiment Association ( WWW.HardChargers.Com )

Celebrating the 100th Anniversary of the 30th Field Artillery Regiment in 2018