are DSC's from ww2 all numbered

101stfan

Hello all. I have a chance to buy a DSC group from a local collector.The DSC is not numbered.Can some one with knowledge tell me if it should be.

A late war DSC awarded in the field may be neither named or numbered. What else is with the group and what original documentation supports the attribution?

An awarded legit WW2 DSC can be un-numbered and un-named. I'd go beyond what Robin stated and say you'd want ORIGINAL paperwork with the group to have a stronger sense of the grouping being legit. If it's a posthumous group and the DSC and PH are officially engraved with a name, even if no paperwork, that's pretty good too.

But, if it's a bunch of un-named medals (even if #'d) and just a newspaper clipping about the hero, the value is the sum of what normal medals go for. Lots of "enhanced" groups out there.

the group has a picture of the vet getting the DSC it has letters from the vet talking about getting the DSC and it has a frame with all his medals with a plaque with his name it has his coffin flag and several other letters from the field to his sweetheart.I have do problem with him getting the medal i just wanted to make sure the medal in the frame is correct for ww2.

Jack's Son

We cannot help you with that question until we see the back of the medal. If you do not have that picture, a close up of the front, may tell us, but it would not be as good as the back shot.

KASTAUFFER

If he got a DSC it will be easy to validate.

Original paperwork is important and should be more than just newspaper clippings ETC. You want to have the original General Order , certificate, ETC .

Kurt