The Centerpiece

Bugme

I was born in east Germany - since I was a little boy I wanted a U.S. steel helmet from the Vietnam War era - because they looked so cool :lol:

Some years ago I fulfilled my childhood dream - and since then its the centerpiece of my US Helmet Collection. :rolleyes:

Greetings Stefan

post-54820-0-27497300-1382348417.jpg

post-54820-0-83834200-1382348423.jpg

Airborne chinstraps with a P55 infantry liner. Nice strong colours on the cover.

Yes, im still looking for a Para Liner to replace the P55 Infantry Liner.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

Out of all My 101st Airborne Division Items I have Acquired apart from Uniforms and Equipment over the last

couple of years or so, This One Has to be one of My Centre Pieces from My WWII U.S Airborne "Helmet Collection"

Regards

Tomás

post-11464-0-13973200-1388268339.jpg

Screamingeagles101

Hi Guys,

Out of all My 101st Airborne Division Items I have Acquired apart from Uniforms and Equipment over the last

couple of years or so, This One Has to be one of My Centre Pieces from My WWII U.S Airborne "Helmet Collection"

Regards

Tomás

I like how you say "out of all my 101st airborne division" rubbing it in ?! Haha. I have only one airborne helmet and I do not know which unit it is from. That is a great liner ! Do you have a shot of the inside ?

I like how you say "out of all my 101st airborne division" rubbing it in ?! Haha. I have only one airborne helmet and I do not know which unit it is from. That is a great liner ! Do you have a shot of the inside ?

Hi Screamingeagles101,

Ha ha lol didn't mean for it to sound like that now !! ;)

Ya here is a Shot of the Inside of it, It's From the Battlefield in Normandy.

post-11464-0-47219700-1388269362.jpg

Screamingeagles101

Hi Screamingeagles101,

Ha ha lol didn't mean for it to sound like that now !! ;)

Ya here is a Shot of the Inside of it, It's From the Battlefield in Normandy.

She's really nice! It's really cool that you know who was under the helmet 75 years ago to. Again great helmet !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This is my most recent centerpiece and definitely one of my favorites! A beautiful 325th GIR matched set, FB with a Hawley liner, camo paint and markings in remarkable condition and some subtle soldier graffiti on the front.

post-9167-0-75064200-1400687613.jpg

post-9167-0-95481100-1400687640.jpg

post-9167-0-73025400-1400687660.jpg

Hello

My centerpiece. Sorry for the quality. The pictures were taken with a cell phone. It was repainted with green paint. I got a nice surprise when I removed it.

You can still see the shadow of horizontal NCO bar on the back.

I guess that officer really loved Michigan

post-106404-0-71671700-1400690470.jpg

Can ,

Thats a really nice helmet .

owen

Thanks Owen! It's one of my first high quality helmet acquisitions, since I changed my collecting from quantity to quality!

Rick

Hello

My centerpiece. Sorry for the quality. The pictures were taken with a cell phone. It was usually repainted with green paint. I got a nice surprise when I removed it.

You can still see the shadow of horizontal NCO bar on the back.

I guess that officer really loved Michigan

Very nice! I really enjoy seeing the personalized helmets like this! It adds character and some insight into the soldier who wore it!

Rick

USMC-RECON0321

Two more great helmets posted guys! Nice one for sure Rick! Also love the Michigan helmet and I assume the white dot painted in the southeast Michigan area is showing where the soldier was from.

Troy

Amazing helmets, these are all better than any thing I have seen in a museum.

-Dave

a lot of the helmets in museums are fakes, i wouldnt be surprized if some of the curators switched some helmets and took the good ones home for their personal collections