The Centerpiece

Bugme

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my swivel bail with Westinghouse liner and cover...

post-60220-0-55702700-1353494811.jpg

OOOPS, should read Firestone liner ! I display it with a Westy...

Cheers

Sean

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Paul Reijnders

Hi to all ;

I think this is my centerpiece of my collection.

In Louisville ( SOS - 2011 ) I picked-up this wonderfull grouping from Official U.S.-Army / U.S.-Coast Guard Photographer Henry M. (Max) Raphael Jr. Complete with his named M-1 helmet ( fixed loops with Hawley ), USCGR dog-tags , several ID-cards , his medals and bars , documents and 3 full albums with over 1200 !! pictures he took during his duty. ( Also some paperwork and family pictures from after the War ).

Henry "Flash" Rapael was his nickname. Borne 6 August 1916 San Francisco, California. Enlisted as Sea.1c. USCGR on 16 January 1942. Arctive duty untill 20 Oktober 1945. Service no. 514-031 Vessels and stations : DCGO, 12th NavDist. ; CGC TANEY ( U.S.S Taney ) ; DCGO, 12th NavDist. ; CG Rec.Sta., San Francisco, California. ; U.S.S General A.W.Greely ; CG Train Sta., Manhattan Beach, N.Y. ; USCG Personnel Separation Center No.12, San Francisco, California.

If there is someone who can find more info about him, THANKS

Regards , Paul Reijnders

post-4905-0-77130200-1362913154.jpgpost-4905-0-91655700-1362913190.jpg

This is one of the finest, most provenanced and interesting helmet I've ever seen Paul! Without a doubt, this is a centerpiece.

This last helmet is wonderful ! COngratulations for this find.

Have you ever shared some of the pics taken by him ?

Regards,

Max

Persian Gulf Command

I never thought I would be able to place a helmet in this topic but here it is, my Inland Airborne/M1 Fixed bail. Not an original set but I think a great matched set.

post-17994-0-15891800-1363036278.jpg

Hi to all ;

I think this is my centerpiece of my collection.

In Louisville ( SOS - 2011 ) I picked-up this wonderfull grouping from Official U.S.-Army / U.S.-Coast Guard Photographer Henry M. (Max) Raphael Jr. Complete with his named M-1 helmet ( fixed loops with Hawley ), USCGR dog-tags , several ID-cards , his medals and bars , documents and 3 full albums with over 1200 !! pictures he took during his duty. ( Also some paperwork and family pictures from after the War ).

Henry "Flash" Rapael was his nickname. Borne 6 August 1916 San Francisco, California. Enlisted as Sea.1c. USCGR on 16 January 1942. Arctive duty untill 20 Oktober 1945. Service no. 514-031 Vessels and stations : DCGO, 12th NavDist. ; CGC TANEY ( U.S.S Taney ) ; DCGO, 12th NavDist. ; CG Rec.Sta., San Francisco, California. ; U.S.S General A.W.Greely ; CG Train Sta., Manhattan Beach, N.Y. ; USCG Personnel Separation Center No.12, San Francisco, California.

If there is someone who can find more info about him, THANKS

Regards , Paul Reijnders

post-4905-0-77130200-1362913154.jpgpost-4905-0-91655700-1362913190.jpg

Very nice

I recall ithis one from an AGM catalog cover

• 6 months later...

This is definitely my centerpiece. It's part of a large group I'm fortunate to own belonging to an 80th Company Marine. He was later given the honor of being assigned to E Co of the Composite Battalion under then Capt Clifton B. Cates USMC.

image-48_zpsd90d09bd.jpg