The Centerpiece

Bugme

Here is my US centerpiece helmet: fixed-bail M1 Navy with Hawley liner. Picked this up last summer for a few bills and a couple hours of yard work after my friend found it in his house.

-Johannes

post-9214-1338837699.jpg

Here is my US centerpiece helmet: fixed-bail M1 Navy with Hawley liner. Picked this up last summer for a few bills and a couple hours of yard work after my friend found it in his house.

-Johannes

Wow Johannes, that is one fine looking USN lid! :w00t:

Rick

RANDALL 1953

This one is very special to me. Painted for me by a friend that is currently serving another tour in Astan. It is a MSA Mich Ach. Painted just the way they are done over there.post-2427-1338840868.jpgpost-2427-1338840911.jpg

USMC-RECON0321

-Johannes

Great Navy Lid!!! I would work all month in the yard for that bad boy!!

Congrats.

-Johannes

Great helmet, me likey very much!

Beau-Brummel
My NCO 29er.

Now that Is a truly fantastic helmet, congratulations and thank you for posting It.

Yours, Guy.

My NCO 29er.

:thumbsup: Fantastic helmet. My favourite on this whole thread. love the net.

A very fine centerpiece indeed.

Regards

Rich

So if I HAD to choose, I guess it would be this medic lid, named and marked to the 8076th MASH in Korea. However, my ID'd 30th Div. WW-I helmet is a VERY close second.

-Lee

post-69474-1339101737.jpg

post-69474-1339101747.jpg

post-69474-1339101758.jpg

Since I focus on Medic and Chaplain items, it was a given that my centerpiece would be one of those two items, however, I am a bit surprised by the amount of medical helmets that are considered to be the centerpiece of many of your collections. I take nothing away from any other helmet shown here, my mouth is agape at some of these helmets but, it appears I've got my work cut out for me in getting these medical helmets before you guys. :)

This brave Ranger, hailed from the Great Choctaw Nation, paid the ultimate sacrifice for his country on 4 June 1951--4 days and 61 years ago from today.

1.jpg

Ontayabbi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here a couple of mine that I would consider centerpieces for condition alone.

Early M1 shell with first type Hawley liner.

Hawley19-1.jpg

Hawley16-1.jpg

Hawley15-1.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Great Lids,

this would be mine.

Helmet and camouflage Westinghouse liner

Pvt. T-Stamos, A-Battery, 64th Artillery, 25th Division, Guadalcanal

post-131-1347419111.jpg

Oh my, now you're talking...absolutely stunning. Anything PTO related gets me every time.

• 2 months later...
Screamingeagles101

I would have to say the centerpiece in my collection would have to be my airborne helmet. I just started collecting and only have two helmets. One airborne, one infantry and I'm a fan of the airborne so that's why I chose the airborne one

post-1726-0-44701900-1353418650_thumb.jpg