ERDL Boonie hat size tag, Authentic?

firebird_one

firebird_one

Hi,

Are there anyone that has a original boonie hat with this type of size tag?

On all my other original hats there is a 8415-935-6659 nr below the DSA code.

post-670-1337524181.jpg

Best regards

Ken

firebird_one

Guys,

I really could need some help with this one, if there´s anyone that has a original boonie with same size tag as this one. Please let me know.

Ken,

I don't own an original boonie, but here is a similar label from one that looks legit. Depending on the source, I do know that most repros have Made in the USA or something like that printed on them.

Have you googled ECT corporation? I am interested to see what you find out.

Capa

post-1646-1337614124.jpg

Yeah this one is good, I have two with by the exact same maker, but mine are slightly differant in that the tags are sewn down and are not hanging free, with one of them having a brim less broad like the OD boonie caps brim

firebird_one

Hey Capa,

I have googled but I cant find any size tags that looks like that, They all have a second row number so it feels like this one isnt right.

Firebird Sorry I dont have that capability, Mine are from the same maker E.C.T. and do have the second line it reads 8415-935-3314 on the both, the DSA # is the same as your however DSA 100-69-C-0225, it possiable the lack of this second line on yours is just what ? varient perhaps ? an omission ? for instance the other tag look spot on, mine are the same, with the the same large number stamp, in this case on has a -12- and the other -10-

The key here is WHAT do you feel the tag is made of, if it is soft and smooth like I dont know, like a nylon feel, then yes it is a repro tag, a repro tag at any rate, the Tags on these hat are of a fine coarse, the ends of which can fray easly enough.

Bob Hudson

The reproductions I have seen do not use an actual government contract number - they often look like the real thing, but I can't recall one using an actuall DSA number - and if you were going to fake it, what not just fake the long stock number too?

Mike Force
Hi,

Are there anyone that has a original boonie hat with this type of size tag?

On all my other original hats there is a 8415-935-6659 nr below the DSA code.

post-670-1337524181.jpg

Best regards

Ken

The boonie looks good to me even without a stock number at the tag!?

craig_pickrall

Hee is some more info to add to the pile. Hope it helps some.

post-5-1337713225.jpg

post-5-1337713247.jpg

post-5-1337713259.jpg

craig_pickrall

Tis is a US made original. I have a lot of these by different makers but this is the only one I have photographed. It is new condition and includes the original plastic bag it came in.

post-5-1337713553.jpg

post-5-1337713560.jpg

post-5-1337713569.jpg

post-5-1337713577.jpg

post-5-1337713585.jpg

post-5-1337713593.jpg