US Marine Corps Model 1875 Dress Hat Insignia

williamsmilitaryrelics

williamsmilitaryrelics

Hi Guy's,

I just saw this one on eBay #180886429053, look awfully nice... if it's the real deal.

Any thoughts?

Will

post-6240-1337435909.jpg

usmcaviator

Lots of these and others been showing up recently over the past few months, a couple sellers sell them all....one is generallee-something. All stuff made from original dies in the 1960's and aged. Been bringing big money....hundreds of dollars wasted at a time and they just keep throwing them on....their supplies seem endless.

Mike

teufelhunde.ret
Lots of these and others been showing up recently over the past few months, a couple sellers sell them all....one is generallee-something. All stuff made from original dies in the 1960's and aged. Been bringing big money....hundreds of dollars wasted at a time and they just keep throwing them on....their supplies seem endless.

Mike

... AMEN! :thumbsup:

When I was a kid we used to go to W. Stokes Kirk (Philadelphia) and buy these kind of plates by the dozen. They sold thousands of different re-strikes and some real pieces too. They were 25 cents to 50 cents each. This was in the 1950's and there were crates and crates of everything.

Dick

• 2 weeks later...

I see the sellers have seemed to go from the prongs to the more accurate loops...seems to be working, too

usmcaviator

More junk ...this time labeled as "1872" think this guy is same seller...using two different names....same junk with added attachment loops, in my opinion this was done to decieve...to make it look like an original. Loops are still way off. They also show recent signs of aging, some sort of plum brown, or stove blacking.

seller "1961dwayne" http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Indian-Wa...=item2a1e585392

seller "generallee292" http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-USMC-UNITED-S...=item4ab83a002f

They cant sell these fast enough.....over $100 every 5-7 days...for junk.

Buyer beware.

S/F,

Mike

if I was a dishonest guy, I could make a small fortune off that stuff I got in the collection last year :thumbdown:

• 1 year later...