What was this WWI Armband Used For?

ChopperGunner92

ChopperGunner92

Hello

I would like some input as to what this armband was used for. I know it is from WWI. Was this worn in combat or was it only worn on dress uniforms? Is it possible that this could be a post war piece that was use at reunions? I will really appreciate any help.

Thanks

post-72854-1337267993.jpg

RelicHunter99

I'd guess its a Veterans Association item for the 107th Field Artillery. But that's just a guess.

Too Much WW1 Militaria

Veteran's Association 107th Field Artillery. This armband would of been worn in the 20's or 30's (or later for that matter) either by a reunion or parade organizer. Judging by the stitching and the construction, I'd say 20's or 30's

John

ChopperGunner92

Is it possible that the VA stands for Virginia? The 28th trained in Virginia just before WWII, so is it possible that this armband is from then?

Thanks

Is it possible that the VA stands for Virginia? The 28th trained in Virginia just before WWII, so is it possible that this armband is from then?

Thanks

I suppose it is possible in the same sense that winning the Powerball Lottery is possible. However, John has most likely nailed this as a veteran's association. New York units tended to love veteran brassards for some reason.

Patch Johnson

X_redcatcher
I suppose it is possible in the same sense that winning the Powerball Lottery is possible. However, John has most likely nailed this as a veteran's association. New York units tended to love veteran brassards for some reason.

Patch Johnson

I thought the 107th FA was with the 28th Div,,thats not a NY unit,,but from the Keystone State. Could be wrong however :)

post-214-1337322805.jpg

Patch Johnson screws up the ID. Guilty on all counts. New York. New Jersey. Pennsylvania. They're all the same! I'm still backing John on the Veteran's Assn, however.

Patch Johnson

X_redcatcher
Patch Johnson screws up the ID. Guilty on all counts. New York. New Jersey. Pennsylvania. They're all the same! I'm still backing John on the Veteran's Assn, however.

Patch Johnson

I guess it show I grew up in NY and PA. :w00t: