British Made-for-US Gear

Sabrejet

Hitman_one

post-8529-1337194474.jpg

Brit made pistol belt, field dressing pouch, Carbine mag pouch.

Mounted canteen cover and another normal cover.

Hitman_one

post-8529-1337194800.jpg

Modified(vandalized!)Musette.The shoulder straps have been very neatly removed and sewn onto the sides and the 'd'loops on the bottom sides of the pack have been removed.Looks like a proper modification to me with good X stitching.

Great Post ! I have some of the canteen covers and first aid pouches, British made, but had no idea

that they made so many other items. I'm definately going to be looking for more kinds of these pieces.

I'll have to go thru my 'tub' of British gear to see if any of them are of the US pattern.

Note; the British made canteen covers only have 4 vertical rows of stitching on the front, 7 rows on US made.

Thanks to all who posted pics here,

JimM

I don't suppose there is any way to tell a 'BM' pistol belt from the US made ones except for the 'BM' stamp ?

The Brits often waterproofed some of their web gear with a product that gave it a rather dark green color.

Any comments of that ?

JimM

Hitman_one
I don't suppose there is any way to tell a 'BM' pistol belt from the US made ones except for the 'BM' stamp ?

The Brits often waterproofed some of their web gear with a product that gave it a rather dark green color.

Any comments of that ?

JimM

Do you mean Blanco?This was substance that came in small round blocks and was mixed with water to form a paste which was then spread onto webbing.

As for the belts, the 'male' part of the buckle is longer than us ones and the eyelets are slightly bigger too.You can just see the buckle on the bottom left of my picture of the web belt.

ThompsonSavage

Both types of BM pistol belts are similar in appearance but have a more heavier weave than the US made ones and have the distinctive British hardware with British markings in the female snap. The second type is recognisable by its British style buckle.

i may as well get in on this too! off ebay in superb condition!

ME CO. 43

BAGCRAFT 44

all 3 parts of these belts are match dated and maker marked-------

have other items packed and will try to post. still looking for map case, wire cutter pouch, t handle shovel cover and more :w00t:

post-73-1337380665.jpg

• 1 year later...

Do you guys think a Brit made haversack would be correct for a USMC display? I'm planning on displaying my USMC p41 jacket but the haversack I would like to display with it happens to be Brit made. Did BM gear reach USMC troops? Perhaps in Australia?

Thanks!

Do you guys think a Brit made haversack would be correct for a USMC display? I'm planning on displaying my USMC p41 jacket but the haversack I would like to display with it happens to be Brit made. Did BM gear reach USMC troops? Perhaps in Australia?

Thanks!

A British made M1928 Haversack? If so, no, the USMC never used the Army's M1928 Haversack. There was some material, mostly uniform items, manufactured in Australia for US forces in the Pacific.

Hello,

I have collected a small grouping of British made canteen covers and 1st aid pouchs for the 3 years that the Brits made web gear items for the U.S. Military. The photos show my 1945 dated cover and pouch both made by FINNIGANS.

Brit45Canteen2_zpsfe1a8201.jpg

Brit45Canteen3_zps9c1a74ff.jpg

Having British Made field gear shipped to Australia for use by the USMC in the Pacific would kind of defeat one of the the purposes of the British made gear in the first place...which was to save shipping space for US material and men going to Europe.