Grenade & pressure device...Need Help!!!

Morlok

Hello everyone! I need a little help with this one. I picked up this grenade a few days ago, along with the pressure firing device. Note: I added the fuze to the grenade body, it did not come with it! The seller would not include the fuze with the firing device, but it had one when I first looked at it & it looked original to the piece. It screwed into the device, and into the grenade in place of the grenade fuze. The seller stated that you would dig a shallow hole & lay the grenade/device on its side and cover it up, leaving only the 3 "fingers" exposed. Pressure from vehicles or someones foot would set it off.

I cannot find much information online for the firing device. Is anyone familiar with these? Any information would be great. Also, any opinions on the grenade body? It has a gothic style "S" on the side & "D4" below that. It looks like there may be traces of old gray paint in the grooves. The bottom looks to be cut or burned open. I am not sure if it is pre-WW2, post-WW2 or made during WW2. Any help would be great. Thanks again!!

post-67213-1337047011.jpg

You have a M1A1 pressure firing device. Here is the spec sheet diagram. Hayes Otoupalik has the base part you are missing.

post-299-1337131315.jpg

Dirt Detective
The bottom looks to be cut or burned open. Any help would be great. Thanks again!!

post-67213-1337047011.jpg

Hi Morlok,

The hole in the bottom is a factory hole for a training grenade.

Thanks for the help! Any idea when this grenade was manufactured? I would like to add the correct fuze & spoon, but am unsure what type to use.

mpguy80/08
Thanks for the help! Any idea when this grenade was manufactured? I would like to add the correct fuze & spoon, but am unsure what type to use.

It appears to have the profile of aWWII era Mk II grenade. The proper fuse would be the M-10A1 fuse with the long curved spoon. Get in touch with Dirt Detective... he can probably give you better information... Good luck!

Wayne