Show some imagination.....please!

Sabrejet

One of 2nd Armored in Europe's beautiful Shermans... this one being the Copeman team's. Displaying alongside FAAA's 41st Armored Infantry.

More of them will be on show at this September's Victory Show, as part of 2nd Armored in Europe's display there.

Cheers,

Glen.

One of 2nd Armored in Europe's beautiful Shermans... this one being the Copeman team's. Displaying alongside FAAA's 41st Armored Infantry.

More of them will be on show at this September's Victory Show, as part of 2nd Armored in Europe's display there.

Cheers,

Glen.

Where is "there" Glen?

Thanks,

Ian

Eight of us are performing the firing party detail at two different US Memorial Day Events. Our theme is the Korean War.

Outstanding Rock! :thumbsup:

I will be at a Memorial Day event (USMC Vietnam) as well-just on the OTHER coast.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo
Eight of us are performing the firing party detail at two different US Memorial Day Events. Our theme is the Korean War.

Outstanding Rock! :thumbsup:

I will be at a Memorial Day event (USMC Vietnam) as well-just on the OTHER coast.

Excellent!

Many of the veterans in my Legion and VFW Post are Korean War Veterans and they have asked us to give them more representation- The "Forgotten War", as it was dubbed, will not be forgotten. Many Americans think of Memorial Day as a three day weekend for BBQ and Partying. One cartoon I saw shows some guy BBQ'ing blissfully on Memorial Day and within the smoke rising from his coals were the shadows of soldiers, airmen, marines and sailors- all forgotten.

My guys always show up to these events throughout the year. So as to the discussion regarding so many airborne reenactors, I say GOOD! At least they're involved.

Rock

willysmb44
Mission Velichovky - Czechoslovakia 1945

Leapin' lizards, that's one of the best WW2 photo re-creations I've ever seen! :thumbsup:

jonheyworth

Do these displays show enough imagination display wise ?

I am rubbish at inserting links sorry but go on

YOUTUBE

Look up PUTP_2011avi

and

Roll on the Maas

By the way, the next display of this nature will be in July 2014, your last chance to watch or participate. If you are interested you need to email me ; [email protected]

www.2ndarmoreineurope.co.uk

I am rubbish at inserting links sorry but go on

YOUTUBE

Look up PUTP_2011avi

and

Roll on the Maas

By the way, the next display of this nature will be in July 2014, your last chance to watch or participate. If you are interested you need to email me ; [email protected]

www.2ndarmoreineurope.co.uk

"No video results for “PUTP_2011avi” "

Over 10,000 hits now! This thread has exceeded all expectations. Thanks to all who have contributed. :thumbsup:

Links added... :thumbsup:

Push Up The Peninsular 2011

and

Roll on the Maas 2010

2nd Armored In Europe

http://www.2ndarmoredineurope.co.uk/

willysmb44
Many Americans think of Memorial Day as a three day weekend for BBQ and Partying. One cartoon I saw shows some guy BBQ'ing blissfully on Memorial Day and within the smoke rising from his coals were the shadows of soldiers, airmen, marines and sailors- all forgotten.
Not a lot of events in this area because the weather was supposed to be pretty bad on that day (but turned out to be halfway decent). I can't see any American on this forum not understanding the true nature of the holiday. I lost more than a couple of soldiers on active duty, I remember their names like I remeber the names of my parents and my brother, they're that burned into my brain. I also remeber the days we lost each one of them. Those are my Memorial Days.

Member_2114
Not a lot of events in this area because the weather was supposed to be pretty bad on that day (but turned out to be halfway decent). I can't see any American on this forum not understanding the true nature of the holiday. I lost more than a couple of soldiers on active duty, I remember their names like I remeber the names of my parents and my brother, they're that burned into my brain. I also remeber the days we lost each one of them. Those are my Memorial Days.

Lee- if I could "Like" that with a thumbs up, I would!

Me too brother - it's the profession we chose, and this is the part of being a Soldier that will never leave me, the personal duty and honor to remember those that I've served with that have fallen, and never forget them...

This is my Memorial Day

Fellow Troopers and Soldiers.....I will remember....always....

23 MAR 1994 - Crash at Green Ramp - Pope AFB

SSG Daniel E. Price B Co 2/505th PIR 82d ABN DIV

SSG Harry L. Momoa Jr. C Co 2/505th PIR 82d ABN DIV

SSG Mark G. Gibson B Co 2/505th PIR 82d ABN DIV

SSG Waddington “Doc” Sanchez HHC 2/505th PIR 82d ABN DIV

*Twenty other Troopers from the Division also died

27 JAN 2004 - Iskandariyah, Iraq (FOB Kalsu)

2LT Luke S. James B Co 2/505th PIR 82d ABN DIV

SSG Lester O. Kinney II D Co 2/505th PIR 82d ABN DIV

SGT Cory R. Mracek 3/319th AFAR 82d ABN DIV

21 NOV 2006 - Siniyah, Iraq

CSM Donovan Watts 1st BN, 505th PIR 82d ABN DIV

11 MAR 2007 - Dawr, Iraq

SGT Daniel E. Woodcock 2/505th PIR 82d ABN DIV

12 AUG 2007 - Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan

SFC Jeffrey D. Kettle 2d BN, 7th SFG (A)

18 AUG 2009 - Paktika Province, Afghanistan

SSG Clayton P. Bowen 1/501st PIR 4th BCT(ABN), 25th ID

16 MAR 2010 - North of Mosul, Iraq

SSG Richard J. Jordan A Co 1-36th INF 1st BCT, 1AD

30 MAY 2010 - Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX

PFC Alvaro R. Regalado HHC 1-36th INF 1st BCT, 1AD

*injuries sustained in a fire 18 APR 2010 at JSS India, Mosul, Iraq

We completed our bomber camp and thought as we are talking period correct impressions and going "out of the norm" i'd post these.

Here we are in our dress uniforms

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/cco2...illMeNMurph.jpg

AND in our AFTER HOUR DRESS! :w00t:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/cco23i/GCpinups-1.jpg

Even OFF DUTY we are doing period correct stuff! AND no airborne here!! :lol:

We completed our bomber camp and thought as we are talking period correct impressions and going "out of the norm" i'd post these.

Good lookin' dress duds though Murph looks like he's rather be anywhere else and have a wrench in his hands.

It also looks like the usual "hotwash" though now we know why the military is so conservative about "exposed skin".

Maybe next year you'll have at least one airborne.

Lookin' good! Looks like you guys know how to have fun too! :thumbsup:

Thought I'd send you a Swiss website, http://www.hq-command.ch/hq2011/fotoArchiv.php , sorry, it's in German, but you can look at the pictures. ;)

They have alot of nice toys, but a little imagination is also needed, but then who am I to talk.

I'll be going to an Event there (Switzerland) the end of the month, http://www.armeetreff-ostschweiz.ch/index.html , and thanks to the 66 year old S/Sgt Harry Rudolph, I'll put on my WW-2 1st I.D. woolies again and be the "Stallion from Battalion" and/or the WW-1 "retread". :lol:

Looking good, you guys need more ground crews! :D:D

I'm not with those guys, but you're right, "ground crew", I guess everybody and his brother want to be pilots, and the rest want to be 101st Airborne. :lol: