A-2 Flight Jacket

Lightning Ace

Lightning Ace

I need help finding the best person to send my new reproduction A-2 Flight jacket to, to have a leather name tag and Squadron patch sewn on the A-2.

Thanks

In the UK I would (and have) send it to Eastman's. You have several similar outfits in the US who also manufacture quality repro flight jackets. I'm sure at least one, if not all, will offer a similar service? Might be worth emailing them to ask? An alternative would be a leather-craft store. I was lucky enough to live near one such store where the guy made and sold hand-made leather goods like bags and belts etc. He had the necessary sewing machine for punching through leather and sewed on a patch for me in about 5 minutes for the equivalent of $5! Check your Yellow Pages?

Lightning Ace

Thanks for your reply Sabrejet I was just intent on the tag and patch being sewn on in exactly the correct places on the A-2.

Mike

In the UK I would (and have) send it to Eastman's. You have several similar outfits in the US who also manufacture quality repro flight jackets. I'm sure at least one, if not all, will offer a similar service? Might be worth emailing them to ask? An alternative would be a leather-craft store. I was lucky enough to live near one such store where the guy made and sold hand-made leather goods like bags and belts etc. He had the necessary sewing machine for punching through leather and sewed on a patch for me in about 5 minutes for the equivalent of $5! Check your Yellow Pages?

Lightning Ace

Even though I didn't buy one of his A-2's he might just let me know where I can get the name tag and patch sewn on since my friend bought an A-2 from him with a patch and tag sewn on already and I live a little over an hour from Johns business.

Thanks

Try John at his company...great guy.Be patient he is very busy!!

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/contact.html

Manchu Warrior

Find yourself a nice well known biker/leather shop in your area. They sew all kinds of stuff from club colors to HD patches to leather jackets and are usualy pretty good at it.

Lightning Ace

Thanks guys for all of the advice and I'm going to save it and use it when I go to have the tag and patch sewn on.

Mike