1972 USAF Wristwatch

hirsca

Estate sale find today. After researching it on the web, I hope to get confirmation that it is an authentic watch and not one of the much warned about fakes out there. Based on the last four numbers of the FSN, it is a Hamilton. It has the one piece case and the hacking function.

The watch shows obvious signs of age and use, mostly grime, so it doesn't look anywhere near new. It works. The lizard band adds a nice touch, but I definitely need to get an issue band for it---if it is not a fake. Any comments will be much appreciated. Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1336093703.jpg

post-12790-1336093728.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking timepiece Al...I like these issue watches (Being USAF I'm tempted to say "time flies!" ;) ) OD military watchbands show up on eBay from time to time, so a good place to start looking?

Nice looking timepiece Al...I like these issue watches (Being USAF I'm tempted to say "time flies!" ;) ) OD military watchbands show up on eBay from time to time, so a good place to start looking?

Once again, you come to my rescue! Many thanks Sabrejet!

Al.

Once again, you come to my rescue! Many thanks Sabrejet!

Al.

I just did a search for "military watchstraps" on eBayUK. It pulled up lots of them. I daresay it would be the same on eBayUS? All you need to do is measure the width of your watch as the straps are usually sized, for example, 18mm...20mm...22mm etc.

I just did a search for "military watchstraps" on eBayUK. It pulled up lots of them. I daresay it would be the same on eBayUS? All you need to do is measure the width of your watch as the straps are usually sized, for example, 18mm...20mm...22mm etc.

Will do, thanks again.

Al.