.CITF Guantanamo Bay, Cuba Polo Shirt

Nkomo

When I collect items from OEF/OIF, I try to collect diverse items that help tell the "whole" story. Every once in awhile, the items I stumble across are not 100% military in nature. Sometimes, they fall into several different categories. The one I received today is quite interesting.

I received this polo type shirt in the mail. I was initially attracted to it because of the Guantanamo Bay, Cuba association. When I got the shirt in, I did a little more research and found out a little about the CITF. The CITF stands for the Criminal Investigative Task Force and was comprised of several different groups to include: Army Criminal Investigation Division (CID), the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS), the United States Marine Corps Criminal Investigation Division (CID), and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (OSI)and the FBI. These groups worked together to interrogate terror detainees in Afghanistan, Iraq, and at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

If you read the link below, you will get a better understanding of what the CITF did and still does. Pretty interesting piece to say the least.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Inve...tion_Task_Force

001.JPG

Corpl. Cleaver

Arch, thats a pretty nice find. It should fit in great with your other Guantanamo Bay items.

Any pics of these shirts in use?

Tyler

Thanks for the comment, Tyler. I am still in the process of doing research on this piece and haven't found any yet.