Salvation Thrift camo nugget

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Didn't want to run to town this morning, but forgot something at work that I just had to have. Needless to say, I popped into the local Salvation Army outlets to browse. First stop nothing. Second stop...POW! Man I love the nuggets! Camo always catches my eye. Lifted the hanger, saw the buttons and I was headed for check out. The tag is washed out and there is no info on it. Would appreciate info on the make and model.

post-9131-1335985747.jpg

post-9131-1335985758.jpg

post-9131-1335985768.jpg

hbtcoveralls

Reminds me of pre-war experimental camo. I've never seen this type of jacket though. What kind of buttons does it have?

Tom Bowers

manayunkman

Off the chain !! Totally unusual. Great find. Could be the missing link or some other rare piece.

And that pattern. What the heck is that !!!

My gut feel is that it is Army.

General Apathy
Didn't want to run to town this morning, but forgot something at work that I just had to have. Needless to say, I popped into the local Salvation Army outlets to browse. First stop nothing. Second stop...POW! Man I love the nuggets! Camo always catches my eye. Lifted the hanger, saw the buttons and I was headed for check out. The tag is washed out and there is no info on it. Would appreciate info on the make and model.

Hi Eagle, well something that I had been chasing for maybe thirty years, I have known of their exsistence but never got my hands on one, there is at least one forum member who owns one and that is ' flageguy ' if not he has something very very similar, these were experimental patterns early WWII.

See page 74 of ' Doughboy to G.I. ' National Archive photo at the bottom of the page shows several engineers at the replacement training School, Fort Belvoir, Virginia 1942 wearing these jackets and trousers. See page 123 showing three different patterns of camouflage made in one piece coveralls taken at Fort Ethan Allan, Vermont 1942.

Great find, deeply envious

lewis

. :blink:

uplandmod

Genius dream find!!! It doesn't get better than this!

Now if you can only find the pants, go back tomorrow!

Leonardo

'Flage Guy

WOW!!!!

Allen, thanks for the link; I forgot about that Trouser thread.

Eagle, I guess you already know you've made an astounding find. As Ken stated, that's one of the variants of the 1942 camouflage pattern experiments carried out by the Army before they finally accepted the "Frogskin" pattern. That's gotta be a whole lot rarer than mine, pictured below. Both pieces likewise have washed-out spec tags, and the Jacket is identical in every detail to yours, except for that killer pattern :w00t:...

post-3226-1336012443.jpeg

'Flage Guy

Pockets and adjustment straps:

post-3226-1336012992.jpeg

I saw one like mine for sale at the Houston Gun Show years ago, in mint condition, but didn't have the necessary funds to buy it at the time. I often wonder where it is now :think:

p2tharizo

Very, very cool. You're a lucky man, and so are we....some dude could have bought it to go frog giggin' in! Nice find!

'Flage Guy

I really think this is the ultimate U.S. W.W.II 'flage Jacket of the entire Forum. Let's hope the pants show up sometime :packin heat:

The Meatcan

incredible find Ben! :w00t:

that has to be one of the best discoveries ever reported on The Forum.

Well done!

Terry

2ndInf.Div.

What a find! I never find anything at the thrift stores around here. I thought I had a tigerstripe jacket until I saw it had a modern, non-military label. You are a very lucky man, congrats! :thumbsup: