"Woodland" reenactors?

Sabrejet

He is my avatar pic enlarged. You can see Cpl Klein is wearing his cover correctly you can also look at how the pistol belt and gear are arranged on me even though the vest and belt are open. The belt is not below the flak vest and the LBE straps are under the shoulder flaps of the vest.

Mack

Scan121420001.jpg

Wow looking at the pic I must have brought along 3 sets of boots cause I am wearing green jungles in this pic. Dont think I wore them that often as i do not remember having them. They must not have been too comfortable cause I remember wearing Combat boots and Flightline boots. Amazing the small details you can forget after 23 years. I know I came back to Conus with 3 sets of boots 1 pair each Desert, Combat and flightline so I must have trashed the jungles or just left them in the piles of stuff we didnt want for the Bahrani's to pick through.

Mack

Also dont pull the cover down on top of your head like that. It is supposed to sit on the top of your head and like what was said earlier place 2 fingers on the bridge of your nose and adjust the brim to meet your fingers. If the cover sits low like that without you pulling it down it is too big for you.

Mack

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

Also dont pull the cover down on top of your head like that. It is supposed to sit on the top of your head and like what was said earlier place 2 fingers on the bridge of your nose and adjust the brim to meet your fingers. If the cover sits low like that without you pulling it down it is too big for you.

Mack

Thanks, I was also wondering if there is a correct way to wear the PASGT helmet (I guess not, but while we're at it).

Daniel

The Pasgt helmet does come in different sizes. So you would wear the same size as your cover. To wear it properly it goes on your head with the chin strap snapped and your chin between the two loops of the chin strap. There really isnt much in the way of size adjustment on them. Biggest thing is to get the right size too large and you will have it flop all around and too small your head wont fit in it. When I get a chance Ill take pics of the inside of mine and show you. I do not have it handy but will have access to it over the week end. Also I never unsnapped my chin strap. I would slide my chin into the chin strap first then the helmet over my head finding that trying to snap it while on my head was a pain.

Mack

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

The Pasgt helmet does come in different sizes. So you would wear the same size as your cover. To wear it properly it goes on your head with the chin strap snapped and your chin between the two loops of the chin strap. There really isnt much in the way of size adjustment on them. Biggest thing is to get the right size too large and you will have it flop all around and too small your head wont fit in it. When I get a chance Ill take pics of the inside of mine and show you. I do not have it handy but will have access to it over the week end. Also I never unsnapped my chin strap. I would slide my chin into the chin strap first then the helmet over my head finding that trying to snap it while on my head was a pain.

Mack

In that case, finding a size 60 PASGT helmet is going to be complicated, and expensive.

Thanks! (And happy new year).

Daniel.

60 would be fine for a large K-pot. You won't find a desert cover for one in XL. Heck, some people will argue that XL kevlars don't even exist, but they're wrong. I was issued one and it's sitting on my bookcase at this very moment.

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

60 would be fine for a large K-pot. You won't find a desert cover for one in XL. Heck, some people will argue that XL kevlars don't even exist, but they're wrong. I was issued one and it's sitting on my bookcase at this very moment.

Perfect. But I will have to try the helmet before purchase, last thing I want is a 100-ish $ useless piece of kevlar that doesn't fit.

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

Here's a pic showing the Choc chips and boonie hat taken of me after the war while I was home on leave and getting ready to march in a parade.

n1328606808_257858_2184.jpg

Cool pic, I have the US Marines OD green tab sewn on one of my DCU jackets, but not the whole EGA on the pocket.

It's like this one.

pm3800.jpg

Daniel.

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

By the way... Do any of you know what kind of gloves were worn during this time period? (1990s - early 2000s, Not the NBC ones, though).

Fender Rhodes

Really depends...I had the black leather glove shells with green wool inserts, heavy tan work gloves for rappelling and stringing razor wire and green nomex flight gloves...

flashesandovals

By the way... Do any of you know what kind of gloves were worn during this time period? (1990s - early 2000s, Not the NBC ones, though).

When in doubt...check out http://www.desertstorm1991.com/files/UNC/ClothingBagItems.htm

Or just http://www.desertstorm1991.com, it's free, and you don't find what you are looking for, you just let me know and I'll add it!

flashesandovals

Really depends...I had the black leather glove shells with green wool inserts, heavy tan work gloves for rappelling and stringing razor wire and green nomex flight gloves...

Correct as usual FR!

Will have to add these too...

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

When in doubt...check out http://www.desertstorm1991.com/files/UNC/ClothingBagItems.htm

Or just http://www.desertstorm1991.com, it's free, and you don't find what you are looking for, you just let me know and I'll add it!

Well I was wondering if 3 color desert was actually used during Desert Shield/Storm, and if so, do you have any pictures?

Daniel.

flashesandovals

Well I was wondering if 3 color desert was actually used during Desert Shield/Storm, and if so, do you have any pictures?

Daniel.

Yes indeed it was used. First contract dates are from as early as 1989.

You will find two shirts pictured at the bottom of the following page. I picked these up from veterans in 1991: http://www.desertstorm1991.com/files/UNC/TAPES.htm

I have also added a headgear page to the website: http://www.desertstorm1991.com/files/HGC/HGC.htm

You will find a 1989 dated 3 color hat...

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

Yes indeed it was used. First contract dates are from as early as 1989.

You will find two shirts pictured at the bottom of the following page. I picked these up from veterans in 1991: http://www.desertstorm1991.com/files/UNC/TAPES.htm

I have also added a headgear page to the website: http://www.desertstorm1991.com/files/HGC/HGC.htm

You will find a 1989 dated 3 color hat...

Great, I've only seen 1 picture of it in combat (In Kuwait) and it could have been from desert thunder....

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

How about this?

image_zpsd6e2cbe7.jpg

Sorry I didn't write the post the right way-

Is it Schwarzkopf himself? Wow, that sure is DS.

Fender Rhodes

20241_Liberation_of_Kuwaiit_zpsfaa8b64c.

Daniel,

Here's an excellent shot of three Marines during the ground war. Notice the charcoal stains on their cammies from the MOPP suit. Also note the black wool watch caps, gas masks, and chocolate chip flak vest covers.

Thought you would like this pic since you were looking for photo evidence.

S/F,

FR

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

20241_Liberation_of_Kuwaiit_zpsfaa8b64c.

Daniel,

Here's an excellent shot of three Marines during the ground war. Notice the charcoal stains on their cammies from the MOPP suit. Also note the black wool watch caps, gas masks, and chocolate chip flak vest covers.

Thought you would like this pic since you were looking for photo evidence.

S/F,

FR

Thanks, I'll save it right away.

Daniel.

DeltaOscarAlphaUSMC

Don't know if you are looking for the night desert parka and trousers but someone is selling a top and bottom here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/197619-fs-night-desert-camo-parka-trousers-dsds/

Actually I already have the pants.

post-150236-0-74762000-1388706086.jpg

And I would be interested in the parka, but I'm a minor and I'm not sure, but I think it's against the forum policy to sell to minors...

Not to mention the seller is probably an american and shipping is super complicated.

Thanks though, I'll check it out.

Daniel.