32nd Infantry Division, 1918

Mr_Flibble

Mr_Flibble

Last weekend was spent in Oost-Vleteren, Belgium, a little town that during the Great War was one of the last safe spots before troops were sent on to the front lines during the 3rd battle of Ypres.

Normally this 1914-1918 event would have been held at the Memorial Museum Passchendale in Zonnebeke, but due to renovation activities it was moved to this alternative location.

About 75 WW1 re-enactors from all over Europe and even further afield came to participate and show off a variety of uniforms from the different armies from the Great War; German, Austrian, Roemanian, British, Commonwealth, French and American.

This was our group's first official outing in our role as the 121st Machine Gun Battalion of the 32nd Infantry Division

OV120401.jpg

OV120402.jpg

The weather wasn't cooperating on Saturday, so ever so often a little moral boost was needed in the form of a smoke

OV120419.jpg

I played around a bit in Photoshop, trying to get that colorized b/w photo look...and failed miserably.

OV120420.jpg

Chauchat and BAR gunners

OV120423.jpg

Our fresh replacements

OV120425.jpg

OV120426.jpg

Fresh magazine

OV120431.jpg

OV120434.jpg

Taking prisoners

Grp01.jpg

Our uniforms are a mix&match of originals and reproductions from replicators, schipperfabriek and Soldier of Fortune. Most of the gear is original. A few to many M1903 Springfields, not enough M1917 Enfields in my opinion. But we are constantly strive to improve our authentic look.

hbtcoveralls

Very nice job Rick, good to see you in front of the camera for a change!

Tom Bowers

Mr_Flibble

Thanks Tom,

Not much of a choice really, because of the weather my digital camera remained safely in the tent for most of the event.

I did shoot some film through two period cameras, but it'll be a week or two before you'll see those results.

Tools~0.jpg

Kodak Autographic Vest Pocket & Kodak No.2 Box brownie

Mr_Flibble

Thanks Tom,

Not much of a choice really, because of the weather my digital camera remained safely in the tent for most of the event.

I did shoot some film through two period cameras, but it'll be a week or two before you'll see those results.

Tools~0.jpg

Kodak Autographic Vest Pocket & Kodak No.2 Box brownie

Looks great. I'd love to see the pics from the period cameras when they become available!

• 3 weeks later...
Mr_Flibble

As requested, the results from the Box camera and VPK. The light wasn't very good for the first one, and the lens wasn't very good on the second ;)

No.2 Box Brownie (Ilford FP4+ film)

OV120441.jpg

OV120442.jpg

OV120446.jpg

OV120447.jpg

Vest Pocket Kodak (Efke 100 film)

OV120448.jpg

OV120451.jpg

OV120452.jpg