Sign in to follow this  
Johan Willaert

M1 Detonating Cord Clip

Does anyone know when the M1 detonating cord clip was introduced?

See, now its the little things like this that interest me... since I have a Demo display, things like this would be a real find. They say the devil is in the details... and I say it's the details that make the display. I'd like to find little things like this... the priming adapters and such...

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

FM 5-25 dated Feb 1944 does not show the detontaing cord clips, but the May 1945 update does. There were several changes to that manual between those 2 dates, but I don't have any copies to study.

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

FM 5-25 dated Feb 1944 does not show the detontaing cord clips, but the May 1945 update does. There were several changes to that manual between those 2 dates, but I don't have any copies to study.

The only two references I was able to find online were in the 1980s and 1990s...

Wayne

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

The only two references I was able to find online were in the 1980s and 1990s...

Wayne

I didn't go online to find that info. I just turned around in my chair and went to my library of original manuals from WW2. I have hundreds of them. Good stuff there.

donation2017.gif

donation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thanks, I do have the 1944 manual but not the 1945 one...

I have a limited quantity of these clips which go back to my Infantry NCO's Demolition Course in the early 80s....

post-92-1335970884.jpg

f_poll.gif '29th,Let's Go!' f_poll.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I didn't go online to find that info. I just turned around in my chair and went to my library of original manuals from WW2. I have hundreds of them. Good stuff there.

Oh thats it... rub it in!!!! :lol:

I'm still working at obtaining some of the manuals I need for my Demo impression. I just obtained a carrying tin for the Switch no.10 time pencil detonators for my display. Now I need to work up a few reproductions for display. I know they won't be 100% accurate, but I'm going to get as close as I can. I'll probably use copper tubing.

I'd like to come up with the WWII priming adapters... and a few of the M1 clip if they were used back then as well.

Wayne

Were all of them painted OD or did they use bare metal ones too...

I have (seen) both and both are pictures in Mike Detrez' At the Point of no Return book too...

Johan

f_poll.gif '29th,Let's Go!' f_poll.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.