WWII 2nd Armored Grouping

JYN

Hello,

Here is a grouping I brought from the States in the 90s.

It was belonging to a wrecker-driver from the 66th Armored Regiment who did particitate to all campaigns from North africa to VE Day.

Sergent Ulricson, from Milford, left the United States in December 13, 1942, for Casablanca, North Africa. He was in Tunisia and Bizerte and on July 10, 1943, went to Sicily for the invasion there at Licata and Palermo.

He was returned to Tideworth, England, in preparation for the invasion of Normandy, in which he served with the 66th Armored Regiment as wrecker-driver in Maintenance Company, 2nd Armored Division.

He was in the Battle of St-Lô in France and then in the Seine River Campaign. He proceeded through Belgium, Holland and then into Germany and took part at the Battle of Aachen, the Siegfried Line, the Battle of the Rhineland and the Elbe River fighting.

Ulricson was discharged at Fort Devens, on June 13, 1945.

Note : He was relative to Colonel John Russell Ulricson who did command the 363rd Fighter Group.

Jean-Yves

2ad_0019.jpg

2ad_0020.jpg

Soldier's handbook with 66th AR cover, 2nd AD Christmas cards & V-Mails etc..

2ad_0021.jpg

2ad_0123.jpg

That's a terrific grouping...so much interesting material! Why not create several different threads, each one focusing on a different aspect of the grouping?

Very cool grouping...

My dream :P...

The second photo is very interesting because we can see the TQM code (seems to be 4569) of the Maint Coy.

Thank you for sharing

Thank you all

Why not create several different threads, each one focusing on a different aspect of the grouping?

Will try to do it in the next future.

Jean-Yves

blitzkrieg gsd

I love it that mite be the best 2nd armour group i have seen in a while. Dont seem like you see a lot of armour groups dont know why. But this one is nice like that he saved all the paperwork.

Hello,

As it has been asked, I did some close up of few things. Hope you will like it.

JYN

Personal gears, insigneas and Patches

2ad_0410.jpg

2ad_0217.jpg

2ad_0310.jpg

2ad_0218.jpg

2ad_0219.jpg

2ad_0411.jpg

Front News 2nd Armored 1944/45

2ad_0319.jpg

2ad_0320.jpg

2ad_0321.jpg

February 1945 Division's Kills and Battles Report (36 pages)

2ad_0412.jpg

As I mentioned before, he was relative to Colonel John Russell Ulricson - A West Point graduate, Colonel Ulricson commanded the 363rd FG flying from air bases in England from December 1943, to May 1944.

He took pilot training and received his wings October 5th, 1938. At Albrook Field in the Canal Zone, he commanded the 28th FS, 37th FG, from September, 1940, to March, 1942.

In March, 1943, he organized and commanded the 363rd FG in Oakland, California. With the 9th AAF, he served in Normandy, Central and Eastern France and Luxembourg, until January, 1945. From February, 1945, to September, 1945, he served with the 29th TAC in Holland and Germany.

He returned to USA for re-assignement in August, 1946. For this accomplishements in Europe and Latin America, he received the Legion of Merit, Air Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters, Order of the Condor (Bolivia), French Croix de Guerre and Belgian Croix de Guerre, each with palm.

2ad_0413.jpg

Jeeper704

I love it even more now.

Thanks for posting more detailed photos.

You're a very lucky guy to have found this grouping. :twothumbup:

Erwin

Jim Baker

This is one of the better armored groupings I've seen in a while. VERY nice. Congratulations.

Powerhouse

Hi,

Jyn You're a very lucky man.

Thank you again for sharing.

If you have more photos do not hesitate :P

I love this group! It's the same regiment that my grandpa served in during the war. Do any of the books have a roster? I'd love to see copies of the unit paperwork one day.

Johan Willaert
The second photo is very interesting because we can see the TQM code (seems to be 4569) of the Maint Coy.

The full number for Maintenance Company, 66th Armored Regt is: 44569 with color bars: blue-white-blue

The caption on one of the pictures: TUVEN, Belgium should actually be TEUVEN, a small village on the Belgian/Dutch border..

Hello,

Thank you Johan for your information related to the truck' markings and color bars. I guess MT 22 is the number of the truck in the Maintenance Unit organisation.

Holloman , the only roster I have for the 66th AR is in the 1941' Christmas booklet.

JYN

Teuven and his church Then and Now

2ad_0224.jpg

teuven10.jpg

• 10 years later...
BelgianUScollector44

Excellent grouping, love the pictures! 
If you want to sell this grouping, i'm very intrested!!
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Dennis

• 3 weeks later...