2nd div. chaplin on e-pay

Costa

Helmet finaly sold 3000 US dollars, but I'm surprised the second hight bidder only put 1200 dollars. Looks like the winner had the helmet for the max bid he put on it. It's curious think.gif .

Yannick

Yeah, too many questions on this one. I really believe this forum has saved a lot of collectors from having buyers remorse. However, this one is now over so, on to our next victim naughty.gif:D

Helmet finaly sold 3000 US dollars, but I'm surprised the second hight bidder only put 1200 dollars. Looks like the winner had the helmet for the max bid he put on it. It's curious think.gif .

Yannick

Hello,

3000 was the reserve price ! But do not worry I am not the lucky one :rolleyes: , I asked the seller about the reserve.

Hill 84

i hope the guy that won it has some amodium ad and clean undies when he finds out it has a few bugs. the seller will have a few tonight to celebrate the sale. w00t.gif

I seem to remember a discussion on the MCF site about 2nd Division helmet decals. They were used towards the end of the war. I have an original WW2 one, with small Indian head -they are NOT the same as the Korean era one's. They were hard to obtain even during the war.

Rich

• 12 years later...

Just out of Curiosity has anyone seen this helmet surface anywhere?  It’s been along time but with many shows in the books it’s had to show up some where.

marty

Wow, this one was a blast from the past Marty. And no, I have not seen it anywhere since 2008. If I did, I would have tried to get it. ;)