Help with making a fair offer?

Im currently in a negotiation to purchase some items from a local Vet. The stuff is all modern. First up is a helmet. the gentleman says the NSN number matches up with this helmet, although the liner appears different in the pics: http://www.securityprousa.com/tapabahe.html . Next up is a set of BDU's, he says they are gortex? And last is a pack with brace (im not sure if im interested in that yet). Anyways, i want to make a fair offer, the Gentleman says he has to get rid of it to help finance himself thru a surgery. I dont want to lowball, but i also dont want to pay too much either, i dont have a lot of experience buying the newer stuff. My number 1 priority would be the helmet.

Opinions welcome. Thanks!

h2.jpg

h1.jpg

h4.jpg

h3.jpg

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

The helmets sell for about $50 on a good day. The goretex is BDU and appeals more to hunters or civilians now, so I would say mmaybe $30 on the set, the most valuable item is the ACU pack. Not sure the going rate, but its more than the helmet.

Justin

Ebay Sales: wwii.uniform.collector

Auctioneer Website: http://www.cnymilitaria.com

Facebook Sales Group

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

1st picture is of a standard Kevlar Ballistic Helmet - no liner though, what you see is a foam pad we'd put in to make wearing "the dome of obedience" a bit more tolerable - $30-50 depending on condition

2nd Picture is of a current issue MOLLE Rucksack in ACU pattern - looks to be intact from the one picture, but hard to be sure - this would fetch $30 - 90 depending on condition, if it has all the accessory pouches, etc.

3rd is of a BDU-pattern Goretex EWCWS Parka and Trousers - $60-80 for the set depending on condition

Hope this helps

Chris

Crapgame: Then make a DEAL!

Big Joe: What kind of deal?
Crapgame: A DEAL, deal! Maybe the guy's a Republican. "Business is business," right?

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I think CNY and Lewis have given you some fair prices. I concur with both of them.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

1st picture is of a standard Kevlar Ballistic Helmet - no liner though, what you see is a foam pad we'd put in to make wearing "the dome of obedience" a bit more tolerable - $30-50 depending on condition

2nd Picture is of a current issue MOLLE Rucksack in ACU pattern - looks to be intact from the one picture, but hard to be sure - this would fetch $30 - 90 depending on condition, if it has all the accessory pouches, etc.

3rd is of a BDU-pattern Goretex EWCWS Parka and Trousers - $60-80 for the set depending on condition

Hope this helps

Chris

It actually has a liner but does look as if the sweat band is missing. And keep in mind a large helmet sells for a lot more than a small one.

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

thanks so much for the added information. Im going to make an offer for the helmet. A couple other things came up out of the blue this week so Im not going to buy all of it.

The PASGT helmet is what I would have went after as well.

Always looking for US and foreign militaria from the Central American wars circa 1970-1990

donation2017.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 3 months later...
It actually has a liner but does look as if the sweat band is missing. And keep in mind a large helmet sells for a lot more than a small one.

Brother - since when does a Kevlar / PASGT have a liner? Did I miss something in the 15 years I wore one LOL?!?

Crapgame: A DEAL, deal! Maybe the guy's a Republican. "Business is business," right?

Looks like the rain suit to me. Which is not Gore-Tex.

collection_171.jpg

Good catch on the rain suit - they sort of look the same all wrinkled up & such