Help with making a fair offer?

BigDogMilitaria

BigDogMilitaria

Im currently in a negotiation to purchase some items from a local Vet. The stuff is all modern. First up is a helmet. the gentleman says the NSN number matches up with this helmet, although the liner appears different in the pics: http://www.securityprousa.com/tapabahe.html . Next up is a set of BDU's, he says they are gortex? And last is a pack with brace (im not sure if im interested in that yet). Anyways, i want to make a fair offer, the Gentleman says he has to get rid of it to help finance himself thru a surgery. I dont want to lowball, but i also dont want to pay too much either, i dont have a lot of experience buying the newer stuff. My number 1 priority would be the helmet.

Opinions welcome. Thanks!

h2.jpg

h1.jpg

h4.jpg

h3.jpg

CNY Militaria

The helmets sell for about $50 on a good day. The goretex is BDU and appeals more to hunters or civilians now, so I would say mmaybe $30 on the set, the most valuable item is the ACU pack. Not sure the going rate, but its more than the helmet.

Justin

1st picture is of a standard Kevlar Ballistic Helmet - no liner though, what you see is a foam pad we'd put in to make wearing "the dome of obedience" a bit more tolerable - $30-50 depending on condition

2nd Picture is of a current issue MOLLE Rucksack in ACU pattern - looks to be intact from the one picture, but hard to be sure - this would fetch $30 - 90 depending on condition, if it has all the accessory pouches, etc.

3rd is of a BDU-pattern Goretex EWCWS Parka and Trousers - $60-80 for the set depending on condition

Hope this helps

Chris

Manchu Warrior
1st picture is of a standard Kevlar Ballistic Helmet - no liner though, what you see is a foam pad we'd put in to make wearing "the dome of obedience" a bit more tolerable - $30-50 depending on condition

2nd Picture is of a current issue MOLLE Rucksack in ACU pattern - looks to be intact from the one picture, but hard to be sure - this would fetch $30 - 90 depending on condition, if it has all the accessory pouches, etc.

3rd is of a BDU-pattern Goretex EWCWS Parka and Trousers - $60-80 for the set depending on condition

Hope this helps

Chris

It actually has a liner but does look as if the sweat band is missing. And keep in mind a large helmet sells for a lot more than a small one.

BigDogMilitaria

thanks so much for the added information. Im going to make an offer for the helmet. A couple other things came up out of the blue this week so Im not going to buy all of it.

thanks so much for the added information. Im going to make an offer for the helmet. A couple other things came up out of the blue this week so Im not going to buy all of it.

The PASGT helmet is what I would have went after as well.

• 3 months later...
It actually has a liner but does look as if the sweat band is missing. And keep in mind a large helmet sells for a lot more than a small one.

Brother - since when does a Kevlar / PASGT have a liner? Did I miss something in the 15 years I wore one LOL?!?

Looks like the rain suit to me. Which is not Gore-Tex.

collection_171.jpg

Good catch on the rain suit - they sort of look the same all wrinkled up & such