Entire divisions forming insignia & other emblems

Ricardo

Man,

The people back then really knew how to make things AMAZING with little assistance.

Think about it, no computers, I doubt people would be able to do this nowadays without computers.

Our grandfathers and greatgrandfathers really took pride in America, in the military, and in their divisions.

It is such a shame that no one hardly does this anymore.

It is really sad.

I love America, and I support the president and our military.

I know that back in those days Americans supported their country and supported the boys in the service.

I really am scared about what this country is turning into.

I wish I could have grown up back in the 30's 40's, etc...

I would have rather dealt with depression, Japan, Germany, than all the crap that we as Americans have to deal with today.

I love all the pictures, if anyone can find any others, please post more!!!!

All of these photo's are truly amazing!!!!

Agree with the previous comment.... I'd hate to be in charge of organizing that photo. On a side note, I got a copy of this photo in a chain letter today.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I acquired one these photos today - a rather large one of the 34th Division forming their insignia on August 18, 1918. In one of the above posts we have a similar image but the one I have is solid with soldiers, 16,000 of them in a photo taken at Camp Cody, New Mexico by Newman Photo of nearby Deming NM.

It says "Number 2" in the lower left corner, so the "Number 1" version must be the one with "empty space" in the insignia. The title of the photo is ANIMATED CREST 34TH DIVISION. The "Number 1" version can be found in many places on the web but I was not able to find this "Number 2" version anywhere else. This is an original photographic print about 13.5 inches by 15.5 inches.

34th.jpg

34thtitle.jpg

34thnewman.jpg

• 1 year later...

There was a good clip about these on TV this morning...about a photographer named Mole. He did several of these notable photos, including the Statue of Liberty (77th Division) and Woodrow Wilson head. Neat story, tied to Memorial Day.

Steve