A little help anyone?

B.A.R.gunner

B.A.R.gunner

Well i've had this for some time now, and I've been looking to fully complete the set. Im missing the battery and headset or whatever exactly goes along with this. I've done hours of research trying to find ANYTHING about this little repeater, but nothings come up. I only keep getting results for the EE-8 field phone. So if anyone can provide a little insight on this and maybe where i could find the missing pieces, it would be greatly appreciated.

post-11724-1335215639.jpg

The front looks like it says Telephone Repeater EE-88-A or 99-A. A repeater was put one the phone line to amplify the telephone signal to use over a longer distance. The instructions in the lid should tell you how it was powered, a battery or line running from one end beside the phone line.

I googled EE-89-A and it was an audio amplifier, powered by a 90 volt and I think two 1.5 volt batteries, since the one tube in it was a 3Q5GT. Made 1943/44. You could put one on long runs of field phone wire to amplify the signal. I repaired Korean War vintage MRC-69s and MRC-54s in the National Guard and they had the next generation of Tactical Communications gear and they still had the Korean War gear when I got out in 1984. The MRC-69 was a Radio terminal with TRC-24 radios and telephone terminal with the AN/TCC-7( nicknamed Antique-7) multiplexing gear that could several phone lines over the radio. It had PP-826/U Power Supplies to power repeaters for spiral four phone cable handling several multiplexed phone lines, they took 600 volts. The MRC-54 were relay repeaters for the radio like a micro-wave relay tower. We got the old gear working so good we had a shot from the Armory in Lincoln, NE to Beatrice, NE about 50 miles. Terminals at the Armories and a repeater on Tanker Hill overlooking the airport and one set up on a farm owned by a guy the 1st Sgt knew. I like the old gear but don't have room for it.

B.A.R.gunner

The box does say EE-99-A, i had found one website before, it was of little help. There was one blurb about it and that was it. So its definitely like a telephone line amplifier?