General Fibre Liner

I have been wanting to share this helmet for awhile, it is probably the rarest in my collection. It will be a nice change to just share something, since I'm usually asking questions. I found this helmet at a shop not 2 miles from my house (even closer than the Post Office). The shell is a fixed bail McCord with brass hardware and a pretty good finish. The fiber liner is a Hawley subcontracted version made by General Fibre Company. It is marked "Liner-Fibre M1" with a "G" stamp a couple inches away (see pictures). The liner is the first pattern fiber liner with rayon webbing and fixed chin strap (mostly missing). The liner itself is a little rough, but who cares. It is attributed (it isn't marked) to a Marine from the town where I live (it came from his son via a local antique dealer). Let me know what you think. Does anyone else have one of these in their collection?

post-1095-1199841034.jpg

post-1095-1199841049.jpg

post-1095-1199841072.jpg

KANSAS ITEMS WANTED - WWII Uniforms, photos, Purple Hearts, etc - TOP DOLLAR PAID!!!!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Hey Pete, your helmet looks like it spent a little less time in someone's basement than mine did! Am I reading your book correctly, were there only 20,000 or so of this configuration produced? Do enough people know about the General Fiber version to make these worth more than the standard Hawley?

KANSAS ITEMS WANTED - WWII Uniforms, photos, Purple Hearts, etc - TOP DOLLAR PAID!!!!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2013.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.