USMC FMF PATCH VARIATION

navyman

Hi,

This FMF patch just sold on ebay the other day and was suprise at the ending price of $699.56. Never seen this one before and wonder what it was and if the patch is good. Someone like it.

Comments wanted!

post-2501-1335023432.jpg

post-2501-1335023486.jpg

Jason

vintageproductions

It's a very rare patch.

I have only had them fully embroidered, never seen one embroidered on felt.

It also has white embroidered borders instead of gold.

There is also another variant with a navy blue EG&A.

It's a very rare patch.

I have only had them fully embroidered, never seen one embroidered on felt.

It also has white embroidered borders instead of gold.

There is also another variant with a navy blue EG&A.

Thanks for the reply. It must be rare, it's not in my patch book.

Jason

Hi,

This FMF patch just sold on ebay the other day and was suprise at the ending price of $699.56. Never seen this one before and wonder what it was and if the patch is good. Someone like it.

Comments wanted!

post-2501-1335023432.jpg

post-2501-1335023486.jpg

Jason

Hi Jason. I too had only seen this patch fully embroidered(with gold border) but never thought that a FMF-PAC patch with an EGA in center was legit? Does anyone know what the EGA variation represents?

-Fritz

Yes, I too would be interested in finding out more about this patch. I have the exact patch and I picked it up along time ago at a show, I think from Bill. It is definitely an older patch, but the interesting thing is that the back thread is polyester. I believe mine also looks like it was sewn onto something, but I believe the construction precludes it being worn in the 40s? I am curious what this was meant for? Was a an old reunion patch from the late 50's early 60's? I realize that this is attributed to FMF-PAC Unassigned individuals, but did it really exist in any form during WWII? Any thoughts would be appreciated, especially from anyone who has dealt with it as a collector. Thanks - Jeff

blitzkrieg gsd

Does anyone have a pic of it in use? I would like to see how these were worn in a pic. Big money spent on it so it must be rare and hard to get.

I always thought this one was bogus or a collector or reunion insignia too.

The versions I had seen looked like the EGA was added later.

I would be interested in learning more about it myself.

The patch is obviously fake. The return threads scream synthetic! How could anybody even consider this patch as anything but a fake?? Somebody ill-informed got royally shanked.

-Ski

The patch is obviously fake. The return threads scream synthetic! How could anybody even consider this patch as anything but a fake?? Somebody ill-informed got royally shanked.

-Ski

Here is an original felt FMF patch. No comparison.

-Ski

post-3043-1335220911.jpeg

Airborne-Hunter
Hi,

Comments wanted!

post-2501-1335023432.jpg

post-2501-1335023486.jpg

Jason

IMHO This piece screams fake. The seller is good, but I fully believe this piece is bad. I have only seen fully embroidered ones. That said, there are variations; however as Teamski brought up, the return threads look synthetic. Additionally the stitching on the front looks rather thin/sparse especially in the mid-lower right area and on the letters. Best ABN :thumbsup:

In thirty three years of buying collections I have never seen or owned a real one.I think its a fantasy made for collectors.Scotty