Fairbairn-Sykes Fighting Knives.

Jack's Son

Hello all

Here are a dagger English ww 2 models big head said.

Its uniqueness is due to the size of the knob (19 mm instead of 15)

We can see the difference with the classical two B2

The manufacturer is not known because there is no labeling

Thank you,

This is a very helpful point thw 'fabnatcyr' had made. Among the several variations of the knives, are the thickness of the handles and the size of the pummel cap.

Hello

Here is a model with aluminum handle

I know that person did even certainty on the origin (Civil /. For canada. / USMC for?)

I have yet to find an aluminum type for my collection, but notice the resemblance to the "Raider stiletto". Can you tell us if there is any cracking, or crumpling to the guard area??

Hello all

Here is my copy of dagger "BEADED AND RIBBED" (beaded French)

It has: / I \ with the number 12 on the handle and put on the guard england

(In the book of fontevielle he speaks of one or the other, but all is not in the books)

But the rarity of the coin is that I have seen very little

The broad arrow with the number under it are the 'acceptance' make of the British Army.

When a number is stamped at the end of the handle near the pummel, that is the mold number of the style handle being used.

have yet to find an aluminum type for my collection, but notice the resemblance to the "Raider stiletto". Can you tell us if there is any cracking, or crumpling to the guard area??

hello

throughout the handle and the guard there is a slight burr molding

and it is clear that the mold was in two parts

This piece of my collection did not always yielded its secret.

It was found during World War II on a German corpse in the Loire.

This material also owned radio stations (which have unfortunately not been preserved n)

My research and expert opinions confirm what many English ww2.

In the region of its discovery there was resistance and the commando Jeremy (and others) to Jedburgh jumped into this area.

It is true that they jumped into German held.

For against all these members seem to be back.

(The play has been dropped or given or taken by a true German)

It seems to be manufactured with a bayonet blade English resized.

A rod was brewed, which is well studied is that this weakness is protected by a pin assembly directly between the blade and the handle through the thickness of the guard (and no rotation can take place)

It has 2 punches of marine anchor reaches No I do not speak

This one could be a complete thread all by itself, I've never seen this type before.

It could well be a German made knife, or just pieces that were fabricated as needed to replace parts. I wonder if the handle is even a F-S handle. This knife needs a lot of study.

hello

English model dagger 3

j hope that you will was soon

Are there any marks on this knife?

I'm curious if it is a 70's version type-3?

63ws2p.jpg

28wmbfa.jpg

1zbvvo4.jpg

2vlpjs3.jpg

2a6p1lz.jpg

Hello all

Here are a dagger English ww 2 models big head said.

Its uniqueness is due to the size of the knob (19 mm instead of 15)

We can see the difference with the classical two B2

The manufacturer is not known because there is no labeling

Isn't this a 'fat man' U.S. made model?

Isn't this a 'fat man' U.S. made model?

Snyper,

You bring up a good point, and I don't want to steer you wrong. I have seen variants of the knife that I misidentified as a "Fatman" before. The handles are somewhat different from maker to maker. Let me talk and look at references before getting back to you.

Even though the basic knife is not US official, it is certain that (1) many were used by US troops, and (2) the design influenced some US knives. At the request of several members, I am pinning the thread as it offers a great deal of information to collectors.

Even though the basic knife is not US official, it is certain that (1) many were used by US troops, and (2) the design influenced some US knives. At the request of several members, I am pinning the thread as it offers a great deal of information to collectors.

Thank you, Gary.

I hope others will continue to add to this thread! :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Here is one I recieved with my first Ranger Bn.uniform.Only marked B2 on the guard.THis came with his uniform and insignias.Both knives were carried/used by the Ranger.Sadly the man that found the group at a auction I believe polished the knife.All found in an old footlocker.The Ranger was a 34th Division Iowa National Guard member.Original 1st Bn Ranger,wounded seriously in North Africa on the Sened Station Raid.Upon recovery he was posted as a POw camp guard in Arizona.

post-342-1335749865.jpg

post-342-1335749865.jpg

post-342-1335749925.jpg

A 2nd and 3rd pattern.

Second pattern is B2 and arrow marked and England over stamped..THird pattern is only marked england.

post-342-1335750325.jpg

Snyper,

You bring up a good point, and I don't want to steer you wrong. I have seen variants of the knife that I misidentified as a "Fatman" before. The handles are somewhat different from maker to maker. Let me talk and look at references before getting back to you.

The two handles below are a comparison of a known "fatman" and "snyper's" knife.

Known "fatman"

post-8213-1335758188.jpg

snyper's knife

post-8213-1335758340.jpg My conclusion is that they are both a "fatman"

The two handles below are a comparison of a known "fatman" and "snyper's" knife.

Known "fatman"

post-8213-1335758188.jpg

snyper's knife

post-8213-1335758340.jpg My conclusion is that they are both a "fatman"

Very interesting! What about this one? This really is 'mine'. How rare are they? Chris.

post-9461-1335789841.jpg

Very interesting! What about this one? This really is 'mine'. How rare are they? Chris.

[/quot

Take a look at this link. About half the way down the page it will address the "fatboy".

It is a. Somewhat rare knive, and I have yet to find one, most of the collector's I have talked with, won't let them go......ONE DAY!!

http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/fs/p2/fs_knife_p22.htm.

Are there any marks on this knife?

I'm curious if it is a 70's version type-3?

hello

s it is indeed a model of war has the number 2 embossed on the handle

315e4uc.jpg

348fz2g.jpg

34i68f6.jpg

and the other is a large head (not easy to find)