VETERANS MEMORIAL MUSEUM GERMANTOWN OH

Bob Hudson

I've got a request from the VETERANS MEMORIAL MUSEUM FOUNDATION GERMANTOWN, OHIO to accept a low offer for something I have on ebay, saying they've maxed out their ebay spending budget for now.

Anyone know if they are real? If so I might be inclined to accept their offer, but not if it's some guy's private collection masquerading as a museum.

Maybe I'm crass as can be, but I'd never dream of cutting a price down for a 'museum' as museums can (and often do) sell off or trade items.

If they want it badly enough, let them pay for it.

• 2 months later...

I just saw this posting and wanted to weigh in...the museum is real..in fact, teh guy who runs is the one who told me to get in gear and open mine at the VA, several years ago. He is a retired Army CWO, served in the invasion of Panama and OIF...like me, he pays for everything out of his own pocket...I was lucky and get to use a building at the VA, but he took out a personal loan to purchase an old Masonic Temple in Germantown. He's very active in the community, and even offered up HIS volunteers to come help me with any special projects I need help with (since I've got only a couple volunteers helping me). he's a good Joe, GI!