Monthly Single Figure old fashioned throw-down.

kammo-man

2ndInf.Div.

I'm going to vote for Philip. They are all very great displays, and the modern SEAL is really cool. However, I love stuff from the Korean War era and with items dated from 1950-53 being somewhat hard to come by, a USMC Corpsman from the Korean War is a really neat idea and I like the display :thumbsup:

thefallenbuddha
Another vote for Arch.

It's something different you don't see or hear about very much on here.

Plus it's some rare stuff you arn't going to see from anyoneelse here.

I have all the stuff in Mieks display, it's really nothing new or exciteing for me honestly.

Tyler

Since some of the voters gave justifications for their votes....I will explain why I voted for Miek's.

For me, in this vote, it is not so much about the subject or specific item(s), but instead the overall effort and appearance/quality of the display.

(not trying to cause any offense), but a torso with 2-3 items and no head just doesn't have the same visual value as a mannequin with full gear, i.e. I would put Miek's and HGButtenee's as having more impact than the others.

But, that is not to say I don't like the subject of the others.

For what it's worth - I don't even collect WW2, and Nkomo's would be more in line with my own interests.

But, again, the impact of the display was what got my vote - not subject or the item(s).

Being an advisor, a SEAL Team 4 member wouldn't be wearing a million things since it was a training mission.

Furthermore, I am sorry I didn't put enough "effort" into my display. Some of us may not be able to afford a full mannequin with head. I just had to build five home made mannequins so I could even do a local Veterans Appreciation Day display.

thefallenbuddha

I did not mean to offend. We all take a lot of effort in putting our collections together, I am sorry that my word choice seemed bad.

Another poster said Miek's just contained things he already had in a collection, implying it wasn't interesting.

I was just responding to that.

Maybe there should be a rule that a vote should only state what entry is voted for and nothing else (so as to prevent such discussion/debate)?

Again, I just explained why I voted for Miek's versus the others, just as other posters did when they voted for yours.

Someone explained why he didn't vote for Miek's. I explained why I didn't vote for yours.

I think that is fair, and no reason to take offense. But, I am sorry if it made you feel that way.

If people didn't have different opinions, I don't think this would be much of a competition.

Voting is nearly closing .................

You are all really lucky I did not enter my effort ....just to give you a fighting chance !!!!!

only joking .

owen

How can someone NOT be offended when members say that their displays are not as worthy because they don't have a full mannequin with a head or they didn't put enough effort into their display or they don't have enough equipment or their items are common? We all take an enormous amount of pride in what we collect.

I guess it all boils down to the fact that we all judge a display by our own standards. You may go on overall visual effect, whereas I judge a display on rarity of the item and accuracy of display. Neither is wrong. It is all a matter of perspective. :thumbsup:

thefallenbuddha

How can someone NOT be offended when members say that their displays are not as worthy because they are just "common" items?

At the very least, that can sound just as offensive (if not more, I would argue).

How can someone NOT be offended when members say that their displays are not as worthy because they are just "common" items?

At the very least, that can sound just as offensive (if not more, I would argue).

I totally 110% agree. Hence why the common items comment was in my reply.

thefallenbuddha
I totally 110% agree. Hence why the common items comment was in my reply.

You added the "common items" part when I was typing my post. It wasn't what you first wrote.

thefallenbuddha
Wow. Really?

Yes. I didn't see it when I was replying, your post also not being marked as "edited" at that time.

But, to end the matter. It is good that we agree. This is a hobby and it should be fun. Competitions always have a little debate. That's part of the game. I think we all agree that none of us want to cause offense, and apologize if any was taken.

Corpl. Cleaver

I hope none of the talk about "common items" has to do with my comment about Mieks display. (tho I have a feeling it does)

I know some of that stuff can be really had to find. Flashlight, shoe packs, correct M-1 Garand, M-3 etc...

But I have all that stuff, it's something I see all the time and have upstairs in my room.

Is it still a great display?? Heck yeah!

Miek did a good job displaying it, and I don't mean to put him down at all.

But Arch's stuff is something new and interesting to me. And thats why he got my vote.

Tyler

manayunkman

My vote goes to History Man. I am partial to the jacket and I know he puts great effort into his collecting.

Philip I have a neck to knees torso if you need one.

M