Monthly Single Figure old fashioned throw-down.

kammo-man

carbinephalen

My vote is for a new thread that is wiped clean by a mod after the votes are tallied!

Create a new pinned thread every month to avoid confusion! Leave only the winning display photo with "Winner May 2012" written on it. Then the new posts will be posted under the winners

Can the same photo be submitted multiple months if they don't win?

• 3 weeks later...

OK guys .............

I have been off line in USMF for 3 weeks due tome spilling a cup of tea into my lap top.

It died in 3 seconds with a fizz and a pop.

So now its time to get posting your entry's

owen

Okay fellow Forum members, let me be the first to post an entry for the competition,

since I only have one mannequin I'll enter my "Battle of the Bulge" US soldier.

You can read his full description in the 'My Bulge soldier' thread in the Displays topic.

Here are the pictures,

(the second (backview) and third picture (view from left) were taken while assembling the mannequin,

he's now attached to the glass case to prevent him from falling,

so now it's a bit difficult to take pictures of him from all sides...)

MannequinFrontwithM3IMG_8897.jpg

MannequinBackIMG_8897.jpg

MannequinLeft2IMG_8897.jpg

MannequinRightIMG_8897.jpg

M3LegIMG_9137.jpg

This mannequin is fully dressed (from head to toe) and all original (no repro parts)

I hope you all will like him...

:thumbsup:

HGButtentee

Is this a valid entry to the competition ?

More pictures needed ?

post-4523-1337409973.jpg

I would like to work my way backwards from the most current issue I have...

I'll go as well. US Navy SEAL Team 4 advisor to the Bolivian UMOPAR Leopardos. This would date to the 90's drug wars in South America.

001.JPG

History Man

Here is my display. Korean War era USMC Corpsman set up w/ helmet and some gear. All items are original and are from either WW2 or Korea.

Philip

post-25965-1337553612.jpg

post-25965-1337553705.jpg

post-25965-1337553752.jpg

We are a little bit behind .........

So lets vote and begin again .

Voting will be for 24 hours ...and is open to all , not just members who submitted .

owen

I would like to thank the forum members who took the time to submit entries, that being said I think they all are good looking. My suggestions on the mannequin of the month would be setting up some type of theme for the month, a specific unit, battle, war. That way you can compare apples to apples, its hard comparing and voting on one era when comparing WWII, Korea, OEF and Central American time periods.. Just my 2 cents

I think they all have good points but the one with the overall capture of a specific thing, would be Arch.

His is thought out and executed, a snap shot of what a member of ST 4 would have worn at that time.

Corpl. Cleaver

Another vote for Arch.

It's something different you don't see or hear about very much on here.

Plus it's some rare stuff you arn't going to see from anyoneelse here.

I have all the stuff in Mieks display, it's really nothing new or exciteing for me honestly.

Tyler

Corpl. Cleaver

Another vote for Arch.

It's something different you don't see or hear about very much on here.

Plus it's some rare stuff you arn't going to see from anyoneelse here.

I have all the stuff in Mieks display, it's really nothing new or exciteing for me honestly.

Tyler

This is a great idea, however I can already see one problem; I have no idea who Arch is. Therefore, if I'm following this thread to see who is winning, how am I supposed to know?

Understandably, this is in it's infancy, however if no one minds, I took it upon my self to put together rules based on Owen and other's input. Additionally, I put together a guideline on how to run the contest.

This should allow for a regular forum member to run the contest with minimal involvement from our wonderful moderators (who already have their plates full) other than closing/pinning the threads.

Throw Down Rules

• One (1) entry per forum member per month (can be any period from Revolutionary War - OEF)
  • Display can consist of one (1) mannequin (full or half-torso) only
  • A maximum of four (4) photos are permitted of each entry
  • Members can begin submitting their entries on the 1st of each month and must have all entries submitted by no later than the 10th.
  • Voting will open to all forum members on the 11th and will end the same day.
  • Winner will be announced on the 12th

Running the game

• On the 1st of each month a new thread will be created titled, "[insert Month] Display Throw Down”.
  • On the 10th, the above thread will be closed by a moderator thus ensuring no additional entries can be submitted.
  • On the 11th, a new “Voting” thread will be opened (if a moderator could provide a link in the display thread, this would be helpful). Listed in the poll will be the handles of the forum members who have submitted an entry.
  • At the end of the 11th, the voting thread will be closed.
  • Votes will be tallied and winner announced on the 12th.
  • High Five awarded to the winner!