Unknown WWII AAF or Navy Squadron Patch

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

mantsqd.jpg

We have had this one for a long time, and keep losing it in boxes. It came out of a collection of killer patches, but have never received a positive id. Have been told it was AAF and have been told it was Navy. It is a round blue disc. At te bottom are two islands. Walking from one island to another is a pilot wearing a flight suit and helmet with goggles. Over his shoulder is a four bladed propellor. Behind him he is pulling a wagon full of equiptment. The odd thing it is about three inches tall. Would love to know what unit this is.

Don't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure it's a Marine Corps aviation patch for a H&MS (Headquarters & Maintenance Squadron). I know I've seen it before, possibly while in the Marines, but for the life of me, I can't remember which H&MS? Very nice patch there!!

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
Johnny Signor
post-492-1199762513.jpg

We have had this one for a long time, and keep losing it in boxes. It came out of a collection of killer patches, but have never received a positive id. Have been told it was AAF and have been told it was Navy. It is a round blue disc. At te bottom are two islands. Walking from one island to another is a pilot wearing a flight suit and helmet with goggles. Over his shoulder is a four bladed propellor. Behind him he is pulling a wagon full of equiptment. The odd thing it is about three inches tall. Would love to know what unit this is.

Hello I'm not an expert on the recent 60s-70s types of patches but I think it's in that era,also it's probably a repair unit more than likely USAF,try the Jerome POLDER issues of USAF insignias,I don't have a contact adress but sure you could find it/Him on the net