FrankEaton01

Weapons Quiz - May 1943 The Leatherneck magazine

Military ordnance is definately not my forte, so I found this quiz from the May 1943 issue of The Leatherneck to be an interesting display of the types of weapons in use during mid-WWII. Most of the questions aren't that hard, but I wasn't familiar with a couple of the guns. How well can you do? ;)

40459d87.jpg

c03bd7f2.jpg

72beb478.jpg

d8d170f1.jpg

e7a30a6e.jpg

009b44ed.jpg

ceaaa6db.jpg

178778b3.jpg

AWESOME!!!!

Crapgame: Then make a DEAL!

Big Joe: What kind of deal?
Crapgame: A DEAL, deal! Maybe the guy's a Republican. "Business is business," right?

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

I think #14 is "C"?

#14 is A, a wire stocked Reising .45 cal Submachine gun

Freedom isnt free... it must be paid for. Too often it is paid for by the blood of patriots. For those who have paid their share, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

#14 is A, a wire stocked Reising .45 cal Submachine gun

Yes, I know.

I guess I am not very good at this joke stuff on the internet. :dunno:

I'm with you US Military Guy....I thought it was a Buck Rogers Gun also.......

The water cooled in the first group is not a .30 caliber, it's a .50 caliber. The .50 caliber is not one of the options though.....

Does anyone know if any WWII Army publication had similar quizzes? (such as Yank, Stars & Stripes, and/or Infantry Journal)

"A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - Gen. George S. Patton

"The fact that battle is a horrifying spectacle must make us take war more seriously, but not provide an excuse for gradually blunting our swords in the name of humanity. Sooner or later someone will come along with a sharp sword and hack off our arms." - Carl von Clausewitz

donation2014.gif

donation2017.gif

Just so you know guys my 11yr old step-son just took the test and missed 2 out of the 15. That'll make a father proud!! :packin heat: :D

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WWII 8TH & 9TH AAF UNIFORMS/NAMED MEDALS/SCRAPBOOKS/ANY TYPE OF GROUPING!

Note that the Lewis on n.15 is the aircraft version without barrel jacket and high capacity drum. I wonder how barrel could be cooled in that Navy mounting.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.