Early 1970's US Army Recruiting Placquards

338thRCT

post-70300-1334532895.jpgThese are from 1974 and show troops from the 1st Cav Div and 194th Armored Brigade.They are made of heavy cardboard.

Nice

these Vietnam War era posters seem to be getting more collectible lately

YEA BABY, I got that 1st Cav one a few moths ago, it dates from January 1973, meaning that the photo was taken sometime in 1972. I put it in a frame it hangs next to my Spanish American War Navy Recruiting placard. I seen the Cav poster on E-bay and just had to have it, I REMEMBER this placard when I was a kid, it was in the window of a local Finest Supermarket, I would at it alot when I had to chance to be over at the place. I like the Armor one too, in fact I love these ads I took one out of a 1973 National Geografic I found, one with and showcased an old TOP from the 2nd Armored Division. I had the opportunity once over at the now closed Milltary surplus house in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, to perhaps buy a Army recruiting display, it was one that has a hugh group of every type of Soldiers wearing uniforms as per their MOS, to include WACs, the display dates from around 1973, this photo was seen in Magazine ads of the time, as well as in placard form, but wouldn't you know it, that the one that was available at this house was a LARGE METAL Sandwich type affair, you know the type that was put outside the stations, What am I going to do with this I said, where the hell am I going to put it ? I regrettably passed on it. I'll wait tell it crops in it's less ponderous form :D

Found this topic very recent one at that, more great stuff, I do hope rrobertsscv does not mind me adding this here, these are ones that he recently aquired. Also take a look at the link below for more interesting stuff.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/lof...hp/t139830.html

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=V...XPM2p0AHrzsm7CQ

airborne1968
Interesting, the use of the word Representative in lieu of Recruiter

Not ARmy but from the late 60s and early 70s Navy recruiting posters. I Picked these up to add to a display covering my dad's time in the Navy (64 to 72).

post-4228-1334717331.jpg

post-4228-1334717340.jpg

• 3 years later...

YEA BABY, I got that 1st Cav one a few moths ago, it dates from January 1973, meaning that the photo was taken sometime in 1972. I put it in a frame it hangs next to my Spanish American War Navy Recruiting placard. I seen the Cav poster on E-bay and just had to have it, I REMEMBER this placard when I was a kid, it was in the window of a local Finest Supermarket, I would at it alot when I had to chance to be over at the place. I like the Armor one too, in fact I love these ads I took one out of a 1973 National Geografic I found, one with and showcased an old TOP from the 2nd Armored Division. I had the opportunity once over at the now closed Milltary surplus house in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, to perhaps buy a Army recruiting display, it was one that has a hugh group of every type of Soldiers wearing uniforms as per their MOS, to include WACs, the display dates from around 1973, this photo was seen in Magazine ads of the time, as well as in placard form, but wouldn't you know it, that the one that was available at this house was a LARGE METAL Sandwich type affair, you know the type that was put outside the stations, What am I going to do with this I said, where the hell am I going to put it ? I regrettably passed on it. I'll wait tell it crops in it's less ponderous form :D

YEA BABY :D

Here's the Old Top from 2nd Armd Div from that Recruiting Magazine AD I was talking about,I was able to scan it for you now.

post-34986-0-60477400-1431224480.jpg

YEA BABY :D

Here's the Old Top from 2nd Armd Div from that Recruiting Magazine AD I was talking about,I was able to scan it for you now.

attachicon.gifphppIul4tAM.jpg

Believe this is our 1st Sgt in the photo.

Vietnam Veterans Database

Name: RAYMOND RONALD F

Branch: ARMY

Rate: E08

MOS: 11G

MOS Title: Infantry Senior Sergeant

Entered: 5501

Discharged: 830331

Service Number:

State: SOUTH DAKOTA

Race: CAUCASIAN

He has, what some of us called, the "Army old" look. I'll bet he could bring some serious smoke on you!

You Bet. Also since he retired in 83 he most likely was an CSM by then. Tried looking for him in an online search, No Go.