2-187 RAKKASANS KOREA

BIGGREG

REMEMBER did some time ago a reenactment to commemorate the deployment of the 187th in KOREA.

On 20 October 1950, the regiment made successful combat parachute assaults near the towns of Sukchon and Sunchon, North Korea as part of the Battle of Yongju. The 187th led the second and last parachute assault in Korea on 23 March 1951.

post-64352-1334482463.jpg

post-64352-1334482504.jpg

2ndInf.Div.

Absolutely fantastic impressions gentlemen! Glad to see someone else is reenacting Korea as well! Do you guys have any NK/CH reenactors around there? And is most of your uniforms/gear original or repro? Great job, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Absolutely fantastic impressions gentlemen! Glad to see someone else is reenacting Korea as well! Do you guys have any NK/CH reenactors around there? And is most of your uniforms/gear original or repro? Great job, keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Thank you for the comments...

Well we don't have NK/CH reenactors...

everything is original WW2/Korean war gear

• 1 year later...
187thAirborne

Not noted but the helmet decals reflect the 2d Bn of the 187th.

I redone an airborne helmet and printed the decal for the 1st Bn. Another item I had

completed for my grandsons. Can't post pics here, to large. Hope to reduce size and post someday.

187thAirborne

Forgot to mention, I made the 2d jump on 23 March 1951 at Munsan-ne, Korea. Quite eventful to say the least.