Getting Ready For Historical display

ronl

post-1721-1199670049.jpgGetting ready for a display at a local museum next weekend. What do you think of our uniforms chosen? Mid-late war infantryman and Captain, wools and HBT's.

Hey there, Just something I noticed and I am not sure if you did this on purpose but your leggings are laced up on the inside.

They are supposed to be laced on the outside. thumbsup.gif

Check on the leggings. Mike has never put them on before and rather than change them, we just decided to take the pics. They'll be right on Sat.

Check on the leggings. Mike has never put them on before and rather than change them, we just decided to take the pics. They'll be right on Sat.

I dont blame him, they can be a real pain in the @ss to put on and off. :lol:

Looks like you guys are ready to go and have a very good time!! thumbsup.gif

One thing I would add is: please advise Mike that the trigger finger is always outside of the trigger guard until you are actually ready to fire the weapon. Historical displays like this can be good opportunities to teach firearm safety to the public as well as a bit of history. With the historic uniforms and artifacts, you stand a good chance of sparking the interest of new history buffs. By teaching kids (and adults) proper handling procedures for firearms, you could very well help to prevent a future tragedy.

Please don't take this as nitpicking. Hike the pants up and the ammo belt, also even it out. Tighten up the suspenders also. Your "ww2" waist is higher then where people ware their clothes today. Look at original photos and you will see what I mean. The ammo belt needs to be higher up. I would put the chin strap behind the helmet, original photos in the ETO will show that is the most common configuration. I have also read of guys who cut the straps off, but I wouldn’t go that far. Does the enlisted guy have accesses to a field jacket? I would go with one. Check out the ww2 reenactors forum for some great pics and advice.

Good Luck. thumbsup.gif

You need to shave, tuck in that gut, press that uniform and hold the rifle like you mean it. :rolleyes: Just kidding great uniforms fellas. More people should get out and do stuff like that. Educating children and adults is what its all about. Don't take it too seriously you'll spoil the fun.

Just to let you all know, the presentation went very,very well. Got interviewed by the local paper. Already planning another event. Best of all, it was attended by 6 WW2 vets. I spoke with each one and personally thanked them for their service to the country. Their presence certainly made my day.

Just to let you all know, the presentation went very,very well. Got interviewed by the local paper. Already planning another event. Best of all, it was attended by 6 WW2 vets. I spoke with each one and personally thanked them for their service to the country. Their presence certainly made my day.

Did you happen to take pics? If so I would love to see them.

thanks thumbsup.gif

1. Foyer display: B-17 Navigator's musette bag, B-17 Memphis Belle model and D- bail medic trench art.

2. Photo with Lt. Kenneth "Junior" Hart of the 3515 MAM.

3. Grouping of the Bowles brothers of the 111th FA 29th ID.

4. Field gear display.

5. Display of Sgt. Lola Bradford, WAAC.

6. Local home front items.