Dogtag

Jacob

We keep finding my Great-Grandpas pins, papers, etc. in in his house. They are all spread out everywhere. We recently found one of his dogtags- I don't know if he should have two or not, but one is good enough for me. Since all of my photos exceed the upload capacity :thumbdown: , I'll upload everything to my Flickr account... here's a link to the dogtag-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/brickfan_567/.../in/photostream

He was in the USAF. Also, if you were curious enough ti search him, he is the Ted Widgren who's barber shop was used in the movie "Gran Torino"

My Father was in the Air Corps before he got grounded and his dog tags looked similar. There should be two tags. In my Father's case the second one had the same information but also had his home address imprinted on it. Not a good idea. He served from the late 30s until the end of WWII.

Mine have the basic information: name, ssn, brach of service, blood type, and religion.

Have you witten St.Louis for his records? If he was in at the end of WWII, he may well have gone on to Korea, and possible to VN. Keep putting up pictures and maybe we can help with his history.

Have you witten St.Louis for his records? If he was in at the end of WWII, he may well have gone on to Korea, and possible to VN. Keep putting up pictures and maybe we can help with his history.

My grandpa is going to talk to whoever is in charge of benefits for veterans because my great-grandpa missed out on some of those apparently. But now we have his discharge papers, his, as I like to call them, "call to duty" papers, his ID card from the USAF, and some others that I can't remember. I was told once that he went on to Korea, but I don't know whether or not that's true.

If you need help, ask here. There are 'tons' of guys that have done through this same dilemma and will have suggestions for you.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Cool tag. Late WWII ID Tag. His Blood Type is. (Type O) Rh factors had not been discovered yet so no positive or negative. His religion was Catholic. The T44-45 was the year of his tetanus immunization. And the other number is his serial number. The "T" preceding his serial number was used to identify flight officers appointed from an enlisted status. There should be two but it's not uncommen to loose one in 70 years. I used one on my key ring for many years.