Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy
1 hour ago, cutiger83 said:

Ken,

So very sorry to hear about your brother. You are exactly correct about telling people before it is too late. I always tell my family and close friends that I love them before hanging up the phone.

..Kat

Thank you Kat,

The last three years have been hard, my daughter should have been married three years ago but there have been two years of Coved restrictions and it's now in the third year that it's scheduled for two weeks time, three years ago we could have all had a family event.

The care home my brother was in had numerous lock-downs when visitors were unable to enter the home due to either patients having Coved or the worry of visitors carrying Coved into the home, so it has been mainly telephone calls to my brother without any closeness.  

thank you Ken.

General Apathy
1 hour ago, Rakkasan187 said:

Ken,

I am very sorry to hear of the loss of your brother.

Please accept my deepest condolences..

Although we are separated by miles and continents if you ever need anything, you can reach out to me.

Blessings 

Leigh 

Hi Leigh,

thanks for your kind thoughts and offers of help, it's much appreciated at this time. 

regards ken

General Apathy
1 hour ago, stratasfan said:

Ken, so sorry to hear of your loss. Will be praying for you and your family. 

Elizabeth

Hello Elizabeth.

so very welcome to receive your kind thoughts at this emotional time.  

regards ken.

General Apathy
10 minutes ago, BEAST said:

Ken, I'm sorry for your loss.  You and your family will be in our prayers.

Hi Erick,

Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers, well received here.

regards ken.

General Apathy
1 minute ago, mikie said:

I am also sending my sympathy and prayers to you and your family.  

Best Regards,

Mikie

Hi Mikie,

it's so warming to have your thoughts and prayers, thank you Mikie.  

regards ken.

General Apathy

Hi Rene,

Thank you, so nice to read your post of sympathy and comforting to have condolences from friends and also forum members who never met my brother.

When my mother died in 1999 my daughter about eight shot a polaroid of a red sky as we returned from the funeral and called it ' Nanny's sky ' I just took a shot of this evenings red sky and sent to my daughter.

.fullsizeoutput_152c4.jpeg.7f462ae89cb30416ce7242d45d68f878.jpeg 

Cheers ken.

General Apathy
4 hours ago, doyler said:

Ken..sorry for your loss. Blessings and Comfort to all of you.

Put a candle in the window.......

download (21).png

Hi Ron,

Thank you,  yes yesterday and this morning seem so surreal I'm sure people will understand the feeling, we knew it would happen but were always hoping for a recovery. 

regards Ken

Ken.  So sorry to hear about your brother.  The hard part about growing older, is that all the family and friends that we ever had in our lives are also growing older at the same time, with many of them passing on.  Keep your chin up, you now have a guardian angel who will love and watch over you from above.  

General Apathy
11 hours ago, BryanJ said:

Ken.  So sorry to hear about your brother.  The hard part about growing older, is that all the family and friends that we ever had in our lives are also growing older at the same time, with many of them passing on.  Keep your chin up, you now have a guardian angel who will love and watch over you from above.  

Thank you, 

We are currently planning my daughters wedding ahead of a funeral for Barrie so things are up-beat presently, and the service for Barrie will come later. My daughters wedding has been held up for three years due to Covid restrictions so our celebrations have been delayed three years. We are hearing from a lot of people wishing to attend Barries funeral, he was well liked in his business and private life. 

regards Ken 

Oh Ken, just read the news. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

What a terrible time for you. I hope you find comfort in the happy memories of your big brother.

Saying a prayer for you. God bless you all.

General Apathy
52 minutes ago, MCDUFF said:

Oh Ken, just read the news. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

What a terrible time for you. I hope you find comfort in the happy memories of your big brother.

Saying a prayer for you. God bless you all.

Hi Graham,

many thanks, a lot of kindness being offered both on and off the forum, hope we catch up again sometime when you are next over, if I recall correctly the last time was in a patisserie store . . . . .

regards ken 

1 hour ago, General Apathy said:

Hi Graham,

many thanks, a lot of kindness being offered both on and off the forum, hope we catch up again sometime when you are next over, if I recall correctly the last time was in a patisserie store . . . . .

regards ken 

Hi Ken, I am sure you are being flooded with love and kindness at this terrible time. Time is a healer, but I know how raw you must be feeling right now.

Yes, a friendship lasts a lifetime, and you have a great memory! It was in a lovely patisserie in Tilly-sur-Seulles when we last met (all too briefly!). I am definitely over in 2014. I know it will be busy then, but I do hope we can rendezvous... In the meantime, I raise a glass to you and your brother. Cheers!

General Apathy

time now to be helping my daughter to plan her wedding day in two weeks time, here's a couple of shots from when she was about fifteen and we had fun times together. I always called her my number one daughter, not that I had others she was my number one in many ways.  

fullsizeoutput_15316.jpeg.2abfc84db7e751f1df47f87ad1be8f75.jpeg.

fullsizeoutput_15321.jpeg.7254b95c20079ecfbea1156654cbee31.jpeg

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  October 08  2022.

General Apathy

sometimes we wish that we had never sold an item, and this is just that item for me, a bring back item by a wartime serviceman.

.fullsizeoutput_1535b.jpeg.41fca9cd5ef8d4dabd2270b91a3f16a5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1534d.jpeg.a11468687983b6d8e16863b9d9f3d3eb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1535e.jpeg.04e48f52c05d7e4da24bb832b24efb96.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15365.jpeg.d48f1807cd320fa2df0b28d5a40ecb3f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15356.jpeg.eef35f02302b7f0a72da5bf624111a35.jpeg

On 10/4/2022 at 3:41 PM, General Apathy said:

Hi earlymb.

My friend just phoned the owner about an hour ago and he was told rather brusquely that it was NOT for sale, something about it was a family heirloom, strange as it's just left in the open, as you can see there's a large plastic sheet on the ground that blew off some time ago and never replaced . . . I think it's been stood there at least three years or more.  

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  October 04  2022.

A familiar story unfortunately. Most likely you'll see that 'family heirloom' in exactly the same spot for the coming years, slowly sinking into the ground and crumbling away till it's beyond rescue...

General Apathy
21 minutes ago, earlymb said:

A familiar story unfortunately. Most likely you'll see that 'family heirloom' in exactly the same spot for the coming years, slowly sinking into the ground and crumbling away till it's beyond rescue...

hi earlymb,

unfortunately you are right, California it ain't, it's regularly wet in Normandy the demise will be quicker here . . . . . . . . .  there's a very sizeable modern barn just to the rear of the truck why it couldn't be sheltered in there who knows.

General Apathy

Normandy Then & Now . . . . . . . . . 

.fullsizeoutput_1538e.jpeg.95df0f4bea0509c0f9af135e03069fc7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_15395.jpeg.0b3fc9ee79a2238714d4f725314376a6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1539c.jpeg.84d1558f4f40ac472d8000e53553f1fd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_153a3.jpeg.7c415b01f62b1bbaad41a0c7e5dae210.jpeg

Johan Willaert

Sunny Saturday, so took the Jeep out for a ride...
In Winter I keep the top up, so it doesn't shrink... Will take it off again in Spring...
The top is a typical Ford type one, dark canvas edged in tan cotton, three piece top construction and re-inforced back flap...

And an overall view of the village

25-GPW56685-08Okt22 (2).JPG

25-GPW56685-08Okt22 (5).JPG

6 hours ago, General Apathy said:

time now to be helping my daughter to plan her wedding day in two weeks time, here's a couple of shots from when she was about fifteen and we had fun times together. I always called her my number one daughter, not that I had others she was my number one in many ways.  

fullsizeoutput_15316.jpeg.2abfc84db7e751f1df47f87ad1be8f75.jpeg.

fullsizeoutput_15321.jpeg.7254b95c20079ecfbea1156654cbee31.jpeg

I sure hope a tank features in the ceremony. That would be awesome!