Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy

Hi Ron,

Another shot you added about 28 July, the village of Saint-Saveur-Lendelin which I passed through on Tuesday. (  I thought I had seen a wartime shot of the church and town-hall in the village )

.fullsizeoutput_145d1.jpeg.f9852d194d1ed947b2e6a5cab9b8642e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_145c7.jpeg.a48eda7681331a34547acfbbe880a256.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpg.926d2c615b7c19d6dd320bd9c34e3bd4.jpg

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  September 07  2022.

1 hour ago, General Apathy said:

Hi Ron,

Another shot you added about 28 July, the village of Saint-Saveur-Lendelin which I passed through on Tuesday. (  I thought I had seen a wartime shot of the church and town-hall in the village )

Wonderful pictures.  

As a side note, I have what looks like the exact same style of white plastic chairs as seen on the lower left of the last photo. Next time I go out to the back yard, I will sit in one and pretend I am relaxing on some historic French village square. 

General Apathy
On 9/6/2022 at 2:22 PM, earlymb said:

I recently went for the 6V Optima Red Top, I'll need to gut an old, dead battery like this to make a cover for it to make it look 'period'.

Hi earlymb.

several friends have gone for these ' Optima ' batteries, even friends with larger vehicles such as GMC's are using them with no problem other than the look of the Optima.  Here's one that's been hidden inside a dead six-volt battery case , not immediately obvious that the two terminals are not in opposing corners . . . . . .

.fullsizeoutput_145f8.jpeg.969c79aa327d21b8c13b7a7a53225e75.jpeg

3 hours ago, General Apathy said:

Hi Ron,

...Great before and after photos

Johan Willaert
55 minutes ago, General Apathy said:

several friends have gone for these ' Optima ' batteries, even friends with larger vehicles such as GMC's are using them with no problem other than the look of the Optima.  Here's one that's been hidden inside a dead six-volt battery case , not immediately obvious that the two terminals are not in opposing corners . . . . . .

I have a 6Volts Optima Red Top in a repro WW2 era Willard battery case... works perfect...

Here it is before I sealed the unit...

258-GPW56685-14Mei21 (5).JPG

General Apathy
59 minutes ago, mikie said:

I find all this talk of Jeep battery forgery quite shocking. 

Mikie 

Hi Mikie,

" Don't hit me with those Negative waves,  Try to be more Positive about it  '  😜

18 minutes ago, General Apathy said:

Hi Mikie,

" Don't hit me with those Negative waves,  Try to be more Positive about it  '  😜

:lol:

For those who never heard of Google, this is an Optima 'Red Top' 6V AGM battery: 😄

optima-redtop-6-volt-50-ah-rts21.jpg.43e63adfb16da742372124aef2c1f547.jpg

It is compact, has great power, zero maintenance and will last a long time, but as you can see it looks a bit... modern. Possible solutions are to gut and modify a dead old-model 6V battery and put it in as Ken has shown, or get a repro cover of a Willard battery made for this purpose as Johan has done.

Johan Willaert
3 hours ago, earlymb said:

Possible solutions are to gut and modify a dead old-model 6V battery and put it in as Ken has shown, or get a repro cover of a Willard battery made for this purpose as Johan has done.

The optima in the Willard case before sealing

MB-GPW-Willard-BatteryBox (2).JPG

MB-GPW-Willard-BatteryBox (1).JPG

15 minutes ago, Johan Willaert said:

The optima in the Willard case before sealing

MB-GPW-Willard-BatteryBox (2).JPG

MB-GPW-Willard-BatteryBox (1).JPG

Where did you get your cover? I have been following the development of the one on the Gee but it seems it's still not production-ready

19 hours ago, General Apathy said:

Hi Mikie,

:lol:

I created a post in the Taps section of the forum but I wanted to also post here. 

My sincere condolences to all of our brothers/sisters across the pond. Queen Elizabeth was an amazing woman who served faithfully for 70 years. She was an amazing woman.

...Kat

51 minutes ago, cutiger83 said:

I created a post in the Taps section of the forum but I wanted to also post here. 

My sincere condolences to all of our brothers/sisters across the pond. Queen Elizabeth was an amazing woman who served faithfully for 70 years. She was an amazing woman.

...Kat

Sad news. 

General Apathy
1 hour ago, cutiger83 said:

...Kat

18 minutes ago, mikie said:

Sad news. 

Thank you Kat & Mikie,

I have been a Royalist all my life and the Queen has ruled ALL my life till now, it's very sad that she has died, it's also very sad that she has had a lot of family issues to deal with in the last few years of her life, she certainly led when it came to doing her job and was regal in carrying out her duty.

God bless the Queen our Majesty . . . . . . . . . . 

33 minutes ago, General Apathy said:

Thank you Kat & Mikie,

I have been a Royalist all my life and the Queen has ruled ALL my life till now, it's very sad that she has died, it's also very sad that she has had a lot of family issues to deal with in the last few years of her life, she certainly led when it came to doing her job and was regal in carrying out her duty.

God bless the Queen our Majesty . . . . . . . . . . 

:(

General Apathy

Thank you everyone . . . . . . . 

This is circulating on the internet I don't know the origins of it's beginning, but share it here.  

20220908_215121.jpg.a6647269dc1175ce02221c9a8a327596.jpg

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  September 08  2022.

Rest In Peace Queen Elisabeth II

I always deeply admired her sense of duty and her subtle ways to show her opinion and sense of humour.

King Charles III has some big shoes to fill, I wish him well

General Apathy

Strange occurrences  happen . . . . . . . . . . 

yesterday on the announcement of Queen Elizabeths death a rainbow was seen by thousands and filmed over Windsor castle.

This morning trying to clear a back log of old archived emails I found an email I had sent to my daughter in 2014, it contained a photograph my daughter ( aged 8 ) had taken of a sunset whilst we were driving home from my mothers funeral in 1999, we said that we would always think of mother / grandmother when we saw a red sunset. I was on a business trip to Pittsburgh when mother died in 1999.

While I was re-sending it again to my daughter this morning there was a song on the radio, the singer Anne Shelton, which was my mothers maiden name before she married,  a strange occurrence.

fullsizeoutput_1468c.jpeg.85a1ed0b8ccc507d93ba29616b8aa2a0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_14685.jpeg.4870c99d9138bb30dc05adaa834dd84d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_14689.jpeg.a54186f59540ee80e76a3ba5c6cea9fa.jpeg

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  September 09  2022.

1 hour ago, General Apathy said:

Strange occurrences  happen . . . . . . . . . . 

yesterday on the announcement of Queen Elizabeths death a rainbow was seen by thousands and filmed over Windsor castle.

This morning trying to clear a back log of old archived emails I found an email I had sent to my daughter in 2014, it contained a photograph my daughter ( aged 8 ) had taken of a sunset whilst we were driving home from my mothers funeral in 1999, we said that we would always think of mother / grandmother when we saw a red sunset. I was on a business trip to Pittsburgh when mother died in 1999.

While I was re-sending it again to my daughter this morning there was a song on the radio, the singer Anne Shelton, which was my mothers maiden name before she married,  a strange occurrence.

fullsizeoutput_1468c.jpeg.85a1ed0b8ccc507d93ba29616b8aa2a0.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_14685.jpeg.4870c99d9138bb30dc05adaa834dd84d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_14689.jpeg.a54186f59540ee80e76a3ba5c6cea9fa.jpeg

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  September 09  2022.

Ken,

I've always believed these types of things are our family members coming back to tell us everything is ok.

...Kat