Jump to content

Norman D. Landing


bilko1
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, General Apathy said:

.

Temperatures today in Normandy. . . . . . 

 

just come in the house from the garden for a coffee break where the temperature today at 13h00 is 43 Celsius / 109 Fahrenheit  . . . . . . . . . . given another couple of hours by mid-afternoon and it might possibly be even warmer  . . . . . . .

 

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 11  2022.

 

...

That's hot!  How out of normal (if at all) is that for this time of year there? Be sure to keep hydrated!   

Mikie  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your local M1 Garand

For how up north that Normandy is definitely very hot, and I thought there was cloud cover?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy
3 hours ago, mikie said:

That's hot!  How out of normal (if at all) is that for this time of year there? Be sure to keep hydrated!   

Mikie  

 

1 hour ago, Your local M1 Garand said:

For how up north that Normandy is definitely very hot, and I thought there was cloud cover?

 

.

Hi Mikie & M1 Garand.

 

I don't normally look at weather reports, I check the weather daily when I open the door of the house and decide if its Tee shirt or raincoat day.

 

As it has been so hot I looked on-line and we are supposedly under this Spanish / Sahara plume of heat for around the next two weeks. 

 

.fullsizeoutput_13524.jpeg.d048bd4e0c4400df52f1b459a2acd7a8.jpeg

 

.fullsizeoutput_13526.jpeg.8b443a77364074f9f64138662d9ef3b8.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 12  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, General Apathy said:

 

.

Hi Mikie & M1 Garand.

 

I don't normally look at weather reports, I check the weather daily when I open the door of the house and decide if its Tee shirt or raincoat day.

 

As it has been so hot I looked on-line and we are supposedly under this Spanish / Sahara plume of heat for around the next two weeks. 

 

.fullsizeoutput_13524.jpeg.d048bd4e0c4400df52f1b459a2acd7a8.jpeg

 

.fullsizeoutput_13526.jpeg.8b443a77364074f9f64138662d9ef3b8.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 12  2022.

 

...

It's so hot, it charred the temperature map!  

Mikie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy
11 hours ago, Blacksmith said:

I think I’ve seen that before…

 

 

5B3DB765-34F4-4837-BDC5-F36CDFA7C25E.gif

.

Hi Blacksmith

 

well how funny that when we used to sit and watch Bonanza we had no idea it was a prediction of the future, the world would get warmer, cars would be banned and we would resort to riding horses . . . . . . . . . . . 

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 13  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

earlymb
On 7/11/2022 at 11:36 PM, General Apathy said:

.

Recycling items . . . . . 

 

here's an old Willys slat grille axle U-bolt with snapped thread on one side, kept it for years in case I needed it as a pattern should I need a replacement.  Today I finally made use of it on the chicken shed door and put it through the gate post as I was missing a loop for the sliding bolt. Over the years I have bought several original axle U-bolts both Willys and Ford marked one so I was in no need for this broken one. 

 

fullsizeoutput_13494.jpeg.4162355b1db70b99bbddd2ac430a8cb6.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13496.jpeg.72116f6f6626355372cccb1578cdef71.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 11  2022.

 

...

 

That's quite a heavy-duty lock for a chicken shed... the local foxes are that determined? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy
32 minutes ago, earlymb said:

 

That's quite a heavy-duty lock for a chicken shed... the local foxes are that determined? :)

.

Hi earlymb.

 

Another case of recycling and using old left-over pieces from former applications . . . . . . . . . . . 🐔🐔

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 13  2022.

 

...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy

.

More recycling . . . . . . .

 

A few months ago I grabbed about fifty plastic tubs and lids that had been thrown in the dumpster at the village dump, I have been re-using them to pack Jeep spares in rather than cardboard containers it's easier to see the contents . . . .

 

.fullsizeoutput_13528.jpeg.6218c1658de01fd718fe97ae56f36010.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_1352f.jpeg.af5af17d100347ecda43cb8c12e16cae.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 13  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy

.

From the Shoebox . . . . . . . .

 

back in January 2021 forum member ' Mach1derful ' started a topic on the K-rations he owns and due to some concerns for the contents he opened cartons to try and conserve some of the contents, and ended by displaying in cases. I did make a post about a single tin in my display that had started corroding from the inside out, so to conserve the tin I opened and washed out the contents.  

 

Today as it's so hot outside 43 Celsius,  I did a few chores inside and checking the condition of my set of K-Rations was one of the options, pleased to see that there doesn't appear to be any issues evident, so I photographed and dated them. 

 

.fullsizeoutput_1357e.jpeg.c7251439aced90e253c2e2387297ec5d.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13583.jpeg.ec8b59d84449c711b298a624578f98d1.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13592.jpeg.d1f47bebc2205a74ebeb9432a705bf94.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13599.jpeg.819ed986e83694c462545795a9c119e1.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_1359c.jpeg.f6ad2df8a30b790a678ff689edd18bdd.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 13  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, earlymb said:

 

That's quite a heavy-duty lock for a chicken shed... the local foxes are that determined? :)

Tough chickens!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy

.

Message received from Miv my girlfriend late 70's . . . . . . .

 

I shared some old photographs this afternoon with various friends and ex girlfriend Miv, here's her reply

 

" Still amazes me how crazy you were!!,  It’s one thing getting completely covered in mud…. But getting stuck in ditches wasn't that much fun!  Miv.  xxx "

 

I still laugh when I think about Martin field stripping his blocked carburettor while we were on this muddy trail, We regularly went down tracks like these . . . . . . . .

 

.fullsizeoutput_1354c.jpeg.60635e82d870c0996a0d9588234e693e.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_1354a.jpeg.a94837fd0f60604ff05095dcaa3ac058.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13552.jpeg.e46ddd6883643af4e9473e0d30ca48f2.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13556.jpeg.3681e98b114bb7600933b892ed1c073f.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13560.jpeg.111b83bdd1fef778738c4e78a9e67289.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 13  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy

.

Well can you see what I spotted  today . . . . . . . 

 

Walking along a pathway today at a friends house something caught my eye, can you spot it as well . . . . . . .

 

.fullsizeoutput_135ec.jpeg.a344652ac5958e00a60132fecec5f552.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

1 hour ago, General Apathy said:

.

Well can you see what I spotted  today . . . . . . . 

 

Walking along a pathway today at a friends house something caught my eye, can you spot it as well . . . . . . .

 

.fullsizeoutput_135ec.jpeg.a344652ac5958e00a60132fecec5f552.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

On the right there is something that looks alarmingly like the little "gifts" our new puppy is leaving in the yard.  Hopefully that isn't what it seems, that you didn't step on it and that isn't what you are referring to.  But maybe you mean that cylindrical looking thingee to the left of it?  I am excited for your reveal.  

 

Oh and are those strawberry plants all around there? 

 

Mikie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cutiger83
1 hour ago, General Apathy said:

.

Well can you see what I spotted  today . . . . . . . 

 

Walking along a pathway today at a friends house something caught my eye, can you spot it as well . . . . . . .

 

.fullsizeoutput_135ec.jpeg.a344652ac5958e00a60132fecec5f552.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

Ken,

 

I have looked and looked but I don't see it. 

 

..Kat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, General Apathy said:

.

Well can you see what I spotted  today . . . . . . . 

 

Walking along a pathway today at a friends house something caught my eye, can you spot it as well . . . . . . .

 

.fullsizeoutput_135ec.jpeg.a344652ac5958e00a60132fecec5f552.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

 

Nope, I think we are being led down the garden path! 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy
40 minutes ago, mikie said:

 

 

On the right there is something that looks alarmingly like the little "gifts" our new puppy is leaving in the yard.  Hopefully that isn't what it seems, that you didn't step on it and that isn't what you are referring to.  But maybe you mean that cylindrical looking thingee to the left of it?  I am excited for your reveal.  

 

Oh and are those strawberry plants all around there? 

 

Mikie

 

23 minutes ago, cutiger83 said:

Ken,

 

I have looked and looked but I don't see it. 

 

..Kat

.

Hi Mikie & Kat,

 

it is down the bottom right corner partially covered by a brown leaf . . . .  here is what I picked up.

 

yes Mikie those are wild strawberries, the fruit are about the size of a little finger nail . . . . . 

 

.fullsizeoutput_135f9.jpeg.c9f89bb6ad062aa016bd0d5fc55c4117.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy

.

Hi Mikie & Kat,

 

maybe still not really identifiable as a rusty piece, but it's one half of a PSP securing clip, remember I found a partially used carton of them last year at a militaria fair.  Maybe not a great find but it might lead to more finds around his property. 

 

.fullsizeoutput_13602.jpeg.c386518f8315772573011c166dd19aa8.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_135e3.jpeg.72453c105ca7b7767bd24d0c9e8cb358.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_135e6.jpeg.59d1696cdb1529c5fe52ffe262772622.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_135e4.jpeg.534902f9f01007f8bff031a31375615e.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cutiger83
13 minutes ago, General Apathy said:

 

.

Hi Mikie & Kat,

 

it is down the bottom right corner partially covered by a brown leaf . . . .  here is what I picked up.

 

yes Mikie those are wild strawberries, the fruit are about the size of a little finger nail . . . . . 

 

.fullsizeoutput_135f9.jpeg.c9f89bb6ad062aa016bd0d5fc55c4117.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

Very cool! I remember when you found the box of them.

 

...Kat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy

.

Proud father and grandfather day . . . . . . . 

 

Well as all fathers are,  I am proud of my daughter Lauren, and I just received these lovely shots of my grandson William-Henry one year and one month old . . . . . . 

 

.fullsizeoutput_1360f.jpeg.a5ae0521d9f60cc610aa8c7aaaa16a6d.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13616.jpeg.c11e78507697f9f289fb484c3ce83571.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_1361d.jpeg.608d0b7eaa8df2f73c23212efb23fd81.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cutiger83
4 minutes ago, General Apathy said:

.

Proud father and grandfather day . . . . . . . 

 

Well as all fathers are,  I am proud of my daughter Lauren, and I just received these lovely shots of my grandson William-Henry one year and one month old . . . . . . 

 

.fullsizeoutput_1360f.jpeg.a5ae0521d9f60cc610aa8c7aaaa16a6d.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13616.jpeg.c11e78507697f9f289fb484c3ce83571.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_1361d.jpeg.608d0b7eaa8df2f73c23212efb23fd81.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

Just too cute!  Those eyes just melt your heart..... Kat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BEAST said:

 

Nope, I think we are being led down the garden path! 😃

Ha!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, General Apathy said:

.

Proud father and grandfather day . . . . . . . 

 

Well as all fathers are,  I am proud of my daughter Lauren, and I just received these lovely shots of my grandson William-Henry one year and one month old . . . . . . 

 

.fullsizeoutput_1360f.jpeg.a5ae0521d9f60cc610aa8c7aaaa16a6d.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13616.jpeg.c11e78507697f9f289fb484c3ce83571.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_1361d.jpeg.608d0b7eaa8df2f73c23212efb23fd81.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 14  2022.

 

...

Awww, awesome!!  Happy 1-year-and 1-month-day!

Mikie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

General Apathy

.

From the Shoebox . . . . . . . .

 

Hi Kat,  one for you here a set of WASP wings, note that they have a ' vaulted ' centre, i.e.  they do not lay flat on the rear the diamond shape in the centre is raised evident in third photo and mid wings in photo two where the wings have had contact with the jacket material. 

 

.fullsizeoutput_13658.jpeg.8daa3f599df41c2a75cf3c1c36456e8a.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_1365f.jpeg.cca08ab996b086ce1ed1ebf4c0326e63.jpeg

 

fullsizeoutput_13664.jpeg.d465d0d5676af3b959510e8cb5fb6b58.jpeg

 

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent,  July 15  2022.

 

...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...