Norman D. Landing

Well...you know how it is chaps. Your former colonial masters have certain standards to maintain! ;)

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

" Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• General Apathy

• mikie

• Dogsbody

• Sabrejet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very strange! I thought at first it might just be the "British" accent! :)

attachicon.gifHAGAR.JPG

Very good Beast...but don't forget the Welsh accent too! (think Tom Jones, Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta Jones etc.) ;)

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hopefully he'll be back soon. He may need at least a week longer to recover from the D-Day festivities?!

"As long as man exists, there will be war. The only way to avoid trouble is to have the best Army, Navy and Air Force." George S. Patton, Jr.

SAVE THE A-10!

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

Let me reassure the members that Ken is fine...I was actaully in touch with him just a short time ago. As JS correctly says, he's had a succession of house-guests so his time hasn't been his own! However...just like Gen. MacArthur, "He will return!"

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I can assure you all that "Le Général" is alive and well...we're in touch daily. :D

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ken's PC is down again. He couldn't post here, even he wanted to! :o

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Ken's PC is down again. He couldn't post here, even he wanted to! :o

Ian, Can you take dictation? Maybe you can read the posts to him and he can dictate his replies to you! :)

Be glad to see him back on-line again!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

I'm considering investing in some carrier pigeons! :D

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

• 1 month later...

To those of you who know and miss Ken / General Apathy and his "Normandy" posts (still waaay ahead of anyone else's at in excess of 6000,000 hits! :o ) rest assured that he is alive and kicking, as the accompany photo will attest! I met up with him over a meal last night as he's back in Wales visiting his family. I hope he will be resuming his forum activities in the not too distant future...so watch this space!

post-8022-0-05880600-1378880593.jpg

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif

Ian, Thanks for the update!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

It is so great to see a picture of Ken. I miss his posts so much! His posts are so informative, educational, and fun! That is why he has so many views. There is no one like Ken! Maybe that is a good thing....maybe that is a bad thing... :lol::lol: Ken is a rare breed! :love:

....Kat

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

Thanks all. I just texted Ken your greetings! ;)

Winston Churchill

John Winston Lennon

donation2010.gif