Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy

Kat,Always, The most famous are the Civil War Battle fields such as Gettysburg.The economy has slowed development alot,but the open lands are stll coveted by developers.

Bob

Hi 72psb, thanks for coming in and commenting on Gettysburg and surrounds.

I guess the answer is ' dirt, they don't make it any more ' and sadly everyone wants more of it.

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 7 2013

General Apathy

Ken,

Your kind of wired today!

:)

Hi Erick, yep switched on :rolleyes:

ken

Yeah...but remember... there's always a catch! ;)

Very true! I would hate to have someone become over-wrought at what I wrote and picket my home. However I will stay link-ed in to these posts! :rolleyes:

Hi 72psb, thanks for coming in and commenting on Gettysburg and surrounds.

I guess the answer is ' dirt, they don't make it any more ' and sadly everyone wants more of it.

ken

Amen on people wanting Dirt. When we left the farm in the early 60s I think we got $200 an Acre. Now selling for $8,000 and thats Farm Land. I can't guess what retail is going for. I bought my House in 1971 for $7,000 and now its valued at $80,000

General Apathy

Ken got into a dispute with his neighbours about his new wrought iron gates. However, being the gentleman he is he acquiesced ...just in case they took a fence! ;)

post-344-0-48785800-1362669959.jpg

Hi Erick & Ian, I think I need to set the boundries here, in actual fact my neighbour Leon approached me when I was setting the gate posts in and volunteered a written statement that my new post was a replacement post for an older previous one and was within my boundary rights. He figured that this would prevent any boundary issues with new neighbours once he had passed on.

the gates are actually well over a hundred years old they are Victorian period and I shipped them from the UK with me, the manufacturers details are seen on the side in raised yellow lettering, this was the first post being set in next to my neighbours garage wall.

ken

General Apathy

Ken...that's without doubt the best post from you we've seen in a while! ;)

post-344-0-95430100-1362679343.jpg

Ian, you like a good poste here's another one for you ^_^

ken

General Apathy

Very true! I would hate to have someone become over-wrought at what I wrote and picket my home. However I will stay link-ed in to these posts! :rolleyes:

Hi Erick, nice to see you got Ian corralled and won't be able to roam with that one. well done :P

ken

General Apathy

Amen on people wanting Dirt. When we left the farm in the early 60s I think we got $200 an Acre. Now selling for $8,000 and thats Farm Land. I can't guess what retail is going for. I bought my House in 1971 for $7,000 and now its valued at $80,000

post-344-0-65101300-1362681479.jpg

Hi Robert, mmmhh bad memories for me, back in 1989 Ernest Childers MOH offered to give me his dis-used farm in Broken Arrow Oklahoma, at the time I thought nah nice offer but what do I want acres of Oklahoma soil for it I am not going to live on it, :blush:^_^

ken

post-344-0-65101300-1362681479.jpg

Hi Robert, mmmhh bad memories for me, back in 1989 Ernest Childers MOH offered to give me his dis-used farm in Broken Arrow Oklahoma, at the time I thought nah nice offer but what do I want acres of Oklahoma soil for it I am not going to live on it, :blush:^_^

ken

Hi Ken, too bad you didn't take him up on his offer, you might have had the same luck as Jed Clampett. B)
EDIT: Picture is lost

General Apathy

Hi Ken, too bad you didn't take him up on his offer, you might have had the same luck as Jed Clampett. B)

post-344-0-57749600-1362743839.jpg

Hi Pat, never a truer word said, in this this time of land ownership being desirable then maybe I did look the gift horse in the mouth, it just didn't suit me at that time.

However as in all things one good turn deserves another, or another way of looking at it, is no good turn deserves to go unpunished, so as a reward for your kindness of showing me in the features of Jed Clampett I did one for you and I thought it captured your features so well :lol: :lol:

ken

post-344-0-57749600-1362743839.jpg

Hi Pat, never a truer word said, in this this time of land ownership being desirable then maybe I did look the gift horse in the mouth, it just didn't suit me at that time.

However as in all things one good turn deserves another, or another way of looking at it, is no good turn deserves to go unpunished, so as a reward for your kindness of showing me in the features of Jed Clampett I did one for you and I thought it captured your features so well :lol: :lol:

ken

Howdy Ken, I've never been that agile, wish I was, then I'd never have to go the Doc's again for a check up. :lol:

It also brings back wonderful memories of Basic Training, when my Drill Sgt. once told me in his kind soothing voice "to pull my head out of my duffle bag"!

I've also copied the photo for my archives, for further abusage, I mean usage.

General Apathy

post-344-0-96457500-1362820359.jpg

post-344-0-20316600-1362820412.jpg

' Then & Now ' or in this case ' Now & Then ' ..............

Some readers may recall I have shown this cardboard Jeep model sheet from my collection before, it's dated mid 1945 and was printed in Paris.

However what I just discovered and thought interesting is this WWII photograph of German troops using a similar printed sheet of tank models.

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 10 2013

. :wacko::(:blink:

However what I just discovered and thought interesting is this WWII photograph of German troops using a similar printed sheet of tank models.

Very cool picture! How do you find these?

....Kat

General Apathy

Very cool picture! How do you find these?

....Kat

Hi Kat, well times have changed, twenty years ago a person had to make arrangements and visit archives to source information, today so much can be found on the internet.

Sometimes when trolling though the internet for information it amuses me that our very own forum is sometimes quoted for information on various military related topics..

What I do try to do is archive information, photographs and such that I might not use immediately but one day several piece's of information will come together and can be used, this is all for my private enjoyment and sometimes even posted on the forum, I no longer make commercial gain from any of it. ( it still amazes me that over 600.000 hits have been made on my Normandy reports, who reads this stuff :) )

I met two people yesterday here as friends of a friend and learnt that these two people have recently joined the forum and are currently mid-way through reading my ' Normandy reports ', hoping that they might learn or savour some of the pleasures to be had here in Normandy. ^_^

ken ;)

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, March 11 2013

It will take them a "long" time to shift through all the posting. I've went back at times to look for the pictures of your "cottage" and shoebox you posted and gave up.

just too much to look at. Was setting outside around a fire here in warm georgia drinking good Stella beer thinking of all my forum friends across the pond. Robert

General Apathy

It will take them a "long" time to shift through all the posting. I've went back at times to look for the pictures of your "cottage" and shoebox you posted and gave up just too much to look at.

Was sitting outside around a fire here in warm georgia drinking good Stella beer thinking of all my forum friends across the pond. Robert

Hi Robert, envious, I think I would like to be sat around a warm Georgia I hear she's a lovely girl, drinking good beer, and I wouldn't be thinking of forum friends. ^_^

Enjoy your short vacation and I hear the snow is waiting at home for your return.......................... :dry:

ken

General Apathy

Hope you don't get any rainy nights in Georgia Robert! ;)

Ian, not certain the rain would bother him I think he has Georgia on his mind :love:

ken