bilko1

General Apathy

MAN.......that fancy font is hard to read!! :-/

hahaha :lol: JS, I have been using that fancy font for three years now :P

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 8 October 2012

General Apathy

What fancy font? :wacko:

Hi RC, you get these retired guys with all the time in the world on their hands and they have to pass comment or such on the flimsiest of things. B)

ken

RustyCanteen

Hi RC, you get these retired guys with all the time in the world on their hands and they have to pass comment or such on the flimsiest of things.

ken

Hi ken, :lol:

I guess we need to remember that some of us are not fortunate enough to know how to acess the emoticon menu. ;)

B)

RC

General Apathy

That much is certainly evident. Must cost a fortune in gas at European prices to keep that convoy rolling!?

Hi Ian, fortunately there are always an abundance of bums on seats to fund the petrol for these trips, the halftracks take the Infantry sections, so there's a number of bums :lol: :lol:

ken

craig_pickrall

Craig, did you watch it direct in post by Mr. Flibble? Or did you try and watch it through Ken's quote?

Seems to work one way, but not the other.

B)

RC

I tried both ways with the same result.

General Apathy

When I look at the video it is all burned out. It is like seeing ghosts on a white background. What is the trick to seeing it as a B&W video?

See what I mean RC, another retired member of society with time on their hands, the films all work fine for me. ^_^

ken

RustyCanteen

Must be your settings, I watched it before I posted my reply to you with no problems?

If that is the title of the video, you can always try watching it direct at YouTube.

B)

RC

RustyCanteen

See what I mean RC, another retired member of society with time on their hands, the films all work fine for me. ^_^

ken

Well, that is because you know that to watch it you have to count to 3,000 in 30 seconds and sing the alphabet backwords to the tune of some obscure song from 1920 or 1805, your pick. :lol:

General Apathy

I tried both ways with the same result.

Hey Craig, sorry to hear that things aren't working for you, I just checked both the film links above and both work fine on my monitor, perhaps you have a bug in your system :( as you can read above Lt.Frank watched them and was impressed.

ken

craig_pickrall

This is wierd. I can see the video if I put my cursor on the red ball that shows video progression (bottom of frame). If I drag the red ball it shows fine but if I take the cursor off if goes haywire again. The only good thing about that is I can do a freeze frame real easy.

RustyCanteen

This is wierd. I can see the video if I put my cursor on the red ball that shows video progression (bottom of frame). If I drag the red ball it shows fine but if I take the cursor off if goes haywire again. The only good thing about that is I can do a freeze frame real easy.

That is strange, but at least you can see it. I really wouldn't think it would have anything to do with the forum upgrade, but I guess it's possible?

B)

RC

General Apathy

Hi Craig, as you may recall I have tried many times to send emails direct to your private email address ( not through forum ) and 99% of the time they have been rejected by your spam filter even with the simplest of messages. I have then had to resort to sending the messages through the forum to contact you.

I might be facing into the wind with this suggestion but maybe your spam blocker is not accepting the connection for you to see the image of the video.

ken

craig_pickrall

You might be right Ken. I have checked it before and found nothing unusual but I will look at it again. Thanks for reminding me.

hbtcoveralls

For anyone who is interested in re-enacting, the next "really really big show" for the 2nd Armored is coming in 2014 for the 70th anniversary of the war. We're recruiting as many people as possible including hopefully, a large contingent from the United States. Anyone who is interested in attending from the US (or from elsewhere for that matter) can please send me a PM. The 2014 event is shaping up to be about 20 times as large and even more realistic, with as many as 6 shermans, 5 Stuarts a recon company with M-8 armored cars and a full Infantry company.

Tom Bowers

General Apathy

For anyone who is interested in re-enacting, the next "really really big show" for the 2nd Armored is coming in 2014 for the 70th anniversary of the war. We're recruiting as many people as possible including hopefully, a large contingent from the United States. Anyone who is interested in attending from the US (or from elsewhere for that matter) can please send me a PM. The 2014 event is shaping up to be about 20 times as large and even more realistic, with as many as 6 shermans, 5 Stuarts a recon company with M-8 armored cars and a full Infantry company.

Tom Bowers

Hi Tom, thanks for mentioning the 2014 trip, being it's the 70th anniversary then it will be well attended..

ken

General Apathy

Tom,

This event in 2014, is that the one in Georgia?

....Kat

Hi Kat, the offer of Georgia in 2014 appears that it was a lot of hot air blown in the 2nd armored group's direction without any substance, it has all blown colder since it was first muted.

All the background work now being done for a trip is being done back in France as a breakout from the beaches scenario

ken

General Apathy

What "one in Georgia?"?

"20 times as big" sounds huge!

B)

RC

Oh you Americans and everthings bigger :lol: Sadly an offer that was presented to the 2nd armored to attend an event in Georgia has not been promoted further.

So yes it is being considered to make it ' the Big One ' for the 70th anniversay of D-Day but there is much to arrange and officialdom to overcome to make this happen, and it would be France, 2014 is a long way off yet and much to be arranged.

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 9 October 2012

RustyCanteen

Oh you Americans and everthings bigger :lol: Sadly an offer that was presented to the 2nd armored to attend an event in Georgia has not been promoted further.

So yes it is being considered to make it ' the Big One ' for the 70th anniversay of D-Day but there is much to arrange and officialdom to overcome to make this happen, and it would be France, 2014 is a long way off yet and much to be arranged.

ken

And I do trust "our" correspondent will be there in 2014 to document everything? :lol:

B)

RC

General Apathy

Everyone had Georgia on their mind!

Hi Ian, the year was 1967 and an eighteen year old Brit kid with his rendition ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzX4I6H32vQ&feature=list_other&playnext=1&list=AL94UKMTqg-9DZYfHAhHlc9d-qThsFFuCD

ken

General Apathy

And I do trust "our" correspondent will be there in 2014 to document everything? :lol:

B)

RC

Hi RC, might just have to get there yourself, this guy's going to be busy enjoying himself at that time. :lol:

ken

General Apathy

Any dates for the 2014 trip yet?

I just might, maybe, be interested in getting my gear out for one more time....

Hi Johan, no dates confirmed yet, so are you anxious to get your kit out before your too old -_-

the kitchen crew are always looking for dish washers if your past being Infantry.

ken