Norman D. Landing

bilko1

General Apathy
Ken, it is good to have you back, I was afraid that other members would have to try and fill your boots.

If it had ever come to that, this would have been my contribution.

On this spot, during the early morning hours of 6 June, 1944 a mass evacuation took place following the allied bombardment of the invasion beaches.

Hi RC, well once again thanks for stating it's good that I am back ? ? :think: and also suggesting that some people might want to keep this topic running. :w00t:

However be warned ' toilet humor ' is against forum rules :lol::lol: regarding the missing photo's sometimes I have found it pays to copy the photo's and re-paste them into the topic again.

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 25 September 2012

General Apathy
Ken, I was afraid that other members would have to try and fill your boots. If it had ever come to that, this would have been my contribution.

On this spot, during the early morning hours of 6 June, 1944 a mass evacuation took place following the allied bombardment of the invasion beaches.

It took me a minute to realize what you meant. TOO FUNNY!

I bet the $#%& was flowing in those toilets! Literally! :lol:

...Kat

For some reason Ken's pictures didn't display again correctly, but his text did or no one would have gotten it.

;)

However be warned ' toilet humor ' is against forum rules :lol: regarding the missing photo's sometimes I have found it pays to copy the photo's and re-paste them into the topic again. :thumbsup:

ken

:blink:

General Apathy
Ken...those stakes are very "rare"! :whistling:

Hi Ian, over here that could be ' Stake La'Dobbin ' quite tough if they forget to remove the saddle and halter before cooking. :pinch:

ken

General Apathy
WELL-DONE.....Ole Boy!! :rolleyes:

Hi JC, whatever preference you like, personally I always liked my meat dead before it arrived at the table, over here the steak hits the pan for three seconds both sides. :w00t:

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1348566871.jpg

post-344-1348566893.jpg

Ken, I was afraid that other members would have to try and fill your boots. If it had ever come to that, this would have been my contribution.

Cont ..................

My neighbour also found the remains of a German toilet block, there is nothing remaining like this in the popular tourist areas of Utah and Omaha beaches.

shown are the remains of the seat bowl bases, and the urinal run across the concrete wall

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 17 July 2011

Hi RC, after fifteen minutes searching my files I found the phtographs you needed to illustrate your comment above ' during the early morning hours of 6 June, 1944 a mass evacuation took place following the allied bombardment of the invasion beaches '

Also RC, I warned above that ' toilet humor ' is against forum rules, so on your head be it :pinch:

ken

:blink:

Ken...you know you have this propensity for re-cycling various household items? Well, should I be making a connection between those ex-Wehrmacht toilet bowls and your upstairs "John"?! :think: :hapy0004:

General Apathy
Ken...you know you have this propensity for re-cycling various household items? Well, should I be making a connection between those ex-Wehrmacht toilet bowls and your upstairs "John"?! :think: :hapy0004:

Hi Ian, well wouldn't that have been fun if there had been a swastika imprint in the bend of the bowl each time you used it. :naughty:

ken

Dig Ken Dig. Here in the states when they do a dig at a battlefield or Old Fort the first place to look to dig is the crappers. It was also used as a garbage/refuse dump. Lot of whisky bottles are found. I suppose the troops threw their bottles of illegal booze down there as they figured the Officers were not going to check down there for evidence. I've been to Museums at old Frontier Forts and they always have a display of what was found digging the old Latrines. So dig Ken Dig.

Hi JC, whatever preference you like, personally I always liked my meat dead before it arrived at the table, over here the steak hits the pan for three seconds both sides. :w00t:

ken

CHARRED RAW is my liking. :love:

Hi RC, well once again thanks for stating it's good that I am back ? ? :think: and also suggesting that some people might want to keep this topic running. :w00t:

However be warned ' toilet humor ' is against forum rules :lol::lol: regarding the missing photo's sometimes I have found it pays to copy the photo's and re-paste them into the topic again.

ken

:lol:

General Apathy
post-8022-1348573145.jpg :naughty:

Ian, that's a fantastic little caricature of the man himself, would love one of these myself. :lol:

ken

General Apathy
Ian,

You are the master at finding pictures of the craziest items! :lol:

....Kat

Hi Kat, it must be wonderful to be retired, we should all try it sometime :lol::lol::lol:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 26 September 2012

General Apathy
Dig Ken Dig. Here in the states when they do a dig at a battlefield or Old Fort the first place to look to dig is the crappers. It was also used as a garbage/refuse dump. Lot of whisky bottles are found. I suppose the troops threw their bottles of illegal booze down there as they figured the Officers were not going to check down there for evidence. I've been to Museums at old Frontier Forts and they always have a display of what was found digging the old Latrines. So dig Ken Dig.

Hi Robert, not so sure about thanking you for that suggestion :unsure: , I think I can think of an easier place to find whiskey bottles and that would be on a supermarket shelf. :thumbsup:

ken

General Apathy
PETRIFIED, artifacts at that.

Hi JS, not just petrified I'm scared as well about digging in someone's doo-doo to find artefacts :w00t:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 2 September 2012

Hi Ken, check out this story about outhouses, might change your mind. ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/feb/1...champagne-house

Here's another article about some gardeners finding gold in value of about $129,300, not in an outhouse, but hidden in some bushes on the Swiss-German border this last July, but they were honest enough to turn it over to the proper authorities, which of course I would do the same. :whistling:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21...es-forward.html

craig_pickrall

Here's another article about some gardeners finding gold in value of about $129,300, not in an outhouse, but hidden in some bushes on the Swiss-German border this last July, but they were honest enough to turn it over to the proper authorities, which of course I would do the same. :whistling:

Not sure how it works for you but in my case the proper authority is my wife. She would know what to do with it.

General Apathy

Hey pat, thanks I had already heard of the find in the floorboards and it was mentioned several page back in this topic, however the gold bar find is a new one to me, perhaps the gnomes of Zurich were escaping through tunnels and the long grass with their ill-gotten gains ....................

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 26 September 2012