Norman D. Landing

bilko1

Welcome back Ken!

As I see it, the welcomes started is the UK, Europe, the Eastcoast, and the leftcoast! Unless our friends in Hawaii and Austraila chime in, you should be officially welcomed back! :lol:

however I think Kat will be on your tail for that erotic connection of the fuzes and a prom date

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 21 September 2012[/font]

I was just going to give him grief about that! Men can take ANYTHING and turn it into a discussion of women. :rolleyes:

Y'all are ALL alike! :lol:

...Kat

I was just going to give him grief about that! Men can take ANYTHING and turn it into a discussion of women. :rolleyes:

Y'all are ALL alike! :lol:

...Kat

HEY :w00t: ...Give a guy a break...I was talkin about her ear rings!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

After that hot tub and Kens fuzes I think Im gonna have to hit the drive through confession at the closets church ;)

Hi Ron, thanks for the welcome back, however I think Kat will be on your tail for that erotic connection of the fuzes and a prom date ^_^:P

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 21 September 2012

Doh!!! :pinch:

Thanks Ken I think she just called my mom :lol: I think Im in trouble after the hot tub tubbies and the fuzes. :blink:

General Apathy
Mean while back at the beach...............

Tides out.

Surf's up! ;)

Hey guy's this is quite funny I just had a case of deja-vu, back in 1993 when I published ' Doughboy to G.I. ' I set up the name of Norman D. Landing, Publishing and I had a bunch of fictional office workers.

There was the office and advertising manager named Sandy Beach

Office juniors were Mr Tide & Mr Surf

Office typist Mrs Ann Zio

So now the characters are listed, my friend Jim Moran ( USMC book author ) was on a trip to the states and he arranged a meeting with the achivist at a very large museum in the states to gather information for a book that he was working on. The archivist recognising Jim to be British related that they held a book by another British author Kennth Lewis and that the book still contained a letter from the publishing company offering the book as a gift to the museum for the information that the author had gathered there, the letter was signed by the manager of the publishing company a Mr Sandy Beach. ^_^

It was fun of course to have the office juniors because when someone phoned to speak to Mr Tide I could reply ' I'm sorry Tides out at the moment but Surf's in ' :pinch:

And then during a number of conversations it was mentioned that I would pass drafts of letters on to the typist Ann Zio for completion. :lol:

Oh boy was it tiring playing all these parts in the business. :huh:

I once had the producer of a very popular British television series ( car program now watched in most countries ) phone and ask to speak to Mr Landings, I answered as Mr Lewis, he said he prefered to speak to Mr landings, it took quite some effort to convince him that there was no such person as Mr Norman D. Landings and that it was myself that owned and ran the business.

Yes I might be a little crazy, but life has to be fun :wacko:

ken

:blink:

General Apathy
Welcome back Ken!

As I see it, the welcomes started is the UK, Europe, the Eastcoast, and the leftcoast! Unless our friends in Hawaii and Austraila chime in, you should be officially welcomed back! :lol:

Hi JS, thanks for the welcome, silly isn't it that this stuff is read around the world. :unsure: :w00t:

ken

craig_pickrall

Welcome back Ken.

So after that long winded story lets cut to the chase. Do you have any photos of Ann Zio? Something on the beach in beach attire would be nice.

General Apathy
I expect something more like this... :blink:

Hi Johan, that was a ' cool ' summer that year at Beltring ;)

ken

General Apathy
Welcome back Ken.

So after that long winded story lets cut to the chase. Do you have any photos of Ann Zio? Something on the beach in beach attire would be nice.

Hi Craig, couldn't possibly add any beach shots of Ann Zio on here, flip me your email and I will send in a plain package. :love: :thumbsup:

ken

Hi Craig, couldn't possibly add any beach shots of Ann Zio on here, flip me your email and I will send in a plain package. :love: :thumbsup:

ken

Not forgetting Sal Erno too! ;)

General Apathy
Well, it is wine harvesting season right now, he might be rather busy.

wineconnoisseur.jpg

Hi Pat, that guy needs a bit more thought on the design he's spilling good grape. :o

ken

General Apathy
A week and no more reports from Normandy? I hope Ken didn't get stuck in his shoebox, though there is probably enough 65 year old k rations in it to last him for a while.

Hi RC, funnily enough that you mention rations I just spent two days with friends assembling a hundred ration packs for the guy's going on this years 2nd Armored trip to Holland September 28th.

it's a real pity that the Dutch guy's on the trip hate scotch porridge for breakfast, maybe a couple of days of porridge and no other option should see them appreciate it a little more. :pinch:

ken

Nothing to do with French geography, but decades ago while working on exercise scenarios for DOD, I used as names of foreign dignitaries "Desmet Sodak" and "Koko Moind", as suggested by the hometowns of my co-workers, i.e. DeSmet South Dakota, and Kokomo, Indiana. They first appeared in an African scenario, then in a south Asian one.

The rest of the story: about 1995 I participated in a US Joint Force Command exercise Former Yugo setting)....and both of the aforementioned world leader villains were alive and well, obstructing truth, justice and the American way.

General Apathy
He's probably out helping a neighbor fix his roof or fence or something like that.

Ken's not one to just sit around the chateau and do nothing.

Jon.

Hi Jon, well you know me so well I will have a go at almost anything roof's, gardens, Jeeps, fences, walls, painting, building, digging, construction, destruction and aliens of the female kind given the opportunity. :twothumbup:

ken

General Apathy
Nothing to do with French geography, but decades ago while working on exercise scenarios for DOD, I used as names of foreign dignitaries "Desmet Sodak" and "Koko Moind", as suggested by the hometowns of my co-workers, i.e. DeSmet South Dakota, and Kokomo, Indiana. They first appeared in an African scenario, then in a south Asian one.

The rest of the story: about 1995 I participated in a US Joint Force Command exercise Former Yugo setting)....and both of the aforementioned world leader villains were alive and well, obstructing truth, justice and the American way.

Hi Mr Andrews, quite inventive names you have there for use in the African exercises............. :w00t: :lol: Pity such despots lived to take part in further outrages.

ken

General Apathy
Good to see everything is back on track and all is right with the world again. Welcome back Ken!

Hi Beast, well I am back again and thanks for that, as to whether evrytings back on track remains to be seen :blink:

ken

General Apathy

post-344-1348260399.jpg

All we need now is a sunset. :love:

OOps, forgot how this this works when you intend to add a photograph in, then you should add one.

' You Got It '

ken