Norman D. Landing

bilko1

I can only imagine what Ken's house must look like! There must be some type of militaria ALL over the house!

....Kat

Why Kat....whatever makes you think that?! :whistling:

General Apathy
I can only imagine what Ken's house must look like! There must be some type of militaria ALL over the house!

....Kat

Hi Kat, no worse than some and better than others maybe. :unsure::lol:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 12 June 2012

Why Kat....whatever makes you think that?! :whistling:

I have seen pictures! :w00t:

It looks like a museum! ;)

I am jealous that you have seen it in person.

General Apathy
Ken,

That's a wonderful ad! Have you looked through the on-line WWI edition of Stars and Stripes? You will see some very nice ads for uniforms and equpment from shops in England and France.

post-203-1339505212.jpg

Hi Erick, thanks for the image you added, pleased to have you join in as normal.

ken

General Apathy
I'm happy to have viewed the pictures, and felt I was there enjoying the fun. I'm sure it was a great time, between the friends, and the "electric atmosphere" of the Normandy celebration.

Good to have you all back!

Hi JS, were you getting a little lost having so many forum members on the ground here in Normandy :unsure: :think:

ken

General Apathy
So who's Erica? Eleniak? :w00t:

BTW I was standing in Ken's BBQ shack and immediately recognised the sign from previous pictures and posts...

There's another one in Ken's toilet...!

get back in your own box dear boy, you have your own wife waiting at home for you. :lol:

ken

Hi JS, were you getting a little lost having so many forum members on the ground here in Normandy :unsure: :think:

ken

I don't know about JS but I sure have missed y'all! The pictures that have been posted are beyond wonderful!

And Ian got to talk to a WWII vet! That is worth more than anything!

,,,,Kat

General Apathy
Ken's bathroom? Does he have an extra one for the ladies, like the one pictured here? :think:

slittrench.jpg

Hey Pat, I hope you can supply the guy's with a few names here to match up to the faces. :rolleyes:

ken

General Apathy
No Pat...but there's a T-handled entrenching tool outside the back door....just in case! ;)

Hi Ian, well you were not far from the truth there with that statement, just the wrong side of the door, it's inside too many of those damn re-enactors to leave good stuff outdoors. :w00t:

ken

General Apathy

....Kat

Hi Kat, I repudiate that statement, I sleep naked :lol::lol:

ken

General Apathy
I don't know about JS but I sure have missed y'all! The pictures that have been posted are beyond wonderful!

And Ian got to talk to a WWII vet! That is worth more than anything!

,,,,Kat

and the vet was willing to talk to Ian considering him a fellow vet until the non-American accent kicked in. :lol::lol: :laughing1: Only joking

ken

The General at the seafood restaurant at Grandcamps-Maisy last week. (Johan is just out of shot to the right) This captures the moment when he was handed "l'addition"...the bill. Moments later he uttered the immortal words..."HOW MUCH!!!!??" :w00t:

post-8022-1339527318.jpg

General Apathy
So does my house! STUFFED FULL OF OLD THINGS!!! :lol:

Me thinks you left the barn door wide open with that statement and Kat was pleased to fill it for you. :lol:

ken

........it's inside too many of those damn re-enactors to leave good stuff outdoors. :w00t:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 12 June 2012[/font]

GOOD ONE ! :lol:

General Apathy
The General at the seafood restaurant at Grandcamps-Maisy last week. (Johan is just out of shot to the right) This captures the moment when he was handed "l'addition"...the bill. Moments later he uttered the immortal words..."HOW MUCH!!!!??" :w00t:

See knowing Ian as I do it was only good judgement that I got my retort in before he hit the forum with this one above. :lol::lol:

ken

See knowing Ian as I do it was only good judgement that I got my retort in before he hit the forum with this one above. :lol::lol:

ken

The General has to be "nice" to me because I have some... shall we say candid....photographs!! :whistling: :hapy0003:

Me thinks you left the barn door wide open with that statement and Kat was pleased to fill it for you. :lol: ken

NO KIDDING!! :w00t:

General Apathy

post-344-1339528238.jpg

The General's (in)famous "shed"! (Actually a BBQ shelter! ) :thumbsup:

post-8022-1339526645.jpg

The view from the BBQ shelter on this a drizzling rain Normandy day, still pleasent enough to sit inside enjoy a ' verre ' of wine and a garden view. ^_^

ken

The General has a "soft" side too. This cute little donkey (whom I christened "Ho-ty"...think about it! ;) ) is a near neighbour.

post-8022-1339528968.jpg