Norman D. Landing

bilko1

Chunky Monkey
Thanks Ian, I already had my parachute accident in the 80's at Arnhem in Holland, I had four months off work but can claim I walked away from that one, let's leave it at that. :dry:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 19 November 2011

:blink::blink:

By the way Ken the pics of Carentan are fabulous ~ thanks for sharing. 1500's to 1600's! Thats amazing I live in a house thats about 110 years old. Can't imagine living in one of those ~ plague markings to boot. By the way Ken how old is your house?

I know the next question is how old is the shoebox!! :w00t:

General Apathy
:blink::blink:

By the way Ken the pics of Carentan are fabulous ~ thanks for sharing. 1500's to 1600's! Thats amazing I live in a house thats about 110 years old. Can't imagine living in one of those ~ plague markings to boot. By the way Ken how old is your house?

I know the next question is how old is the shoebox!! :w00t:

Hi Chunky, my small cottage dates from 1750ish, I have a few other dates chisseled into stonework that pre and post date 1750 but on the paperwork it shows the date of 1750. Some of the churches go back into the years 1100 and 1200, I don't think much of the population had stone houses back then and so it's rare to see houses that date to then.

ken

Any chance of you going to the Ardenne Abbey and taking pics ? I guess since this is a US forum no chance. Been to Chambois or heard anything ???

General Apathy
Any chance of you going to the Ardenne Abbey and taking pics ? I guess since this is a US forum no chance. Been to Chambois or heard anything ???

Hi Manay, sorry to say that I have not managed to get down to Chambois since we mailed there are not enough hours in the day for all the projects I have going. :wacko: Just adding stuff here on the forum keeps me up till around 02.00 am.

As I commented only in the last week even winning the Euro lottery at a hundred million would not buy me anymore than the twenty-four hours there are in a day, in fact it would probably fuel even more projects. :w00t:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 20 November 2011

Ken,

All I'm sayin is this guy could be quite the find if he is still alive.

And Ardenne Abbey is more of a Canadian thing.

Keep up the good work. I've been to Carentan and love the things you have posted. Any pics of the route taken by the 506 into C ?

M

General Apathy
Ken,

All I'm sayin is this guy could be quite the find if he is still alive.

And Ardenne Abbey is more of a Canadian thing.

Keep up the good work. I've been to Carentan and love the things you have posted. Any pics of the route taken by the 506 into C ?

M

Hi Manay, Thanks for the comments on the Carentan photos, I haven't finished yet with Carentan I still have a another dozen or so shots to show yet, then I plan on doing some other shots relating to the Carentan area. :think:

Spent most of last night loading images that I have yet to go and find the comparisons, and spent five hours this evening going through some of my archives for a new topic I will hopefully be loading tomorrow evening separate but linked across to this spot. ;)

If I get to the Ardenne abbey at all I will try and grab shots for you and send direct, but I don't really get over into the British and Canadian sectors that much, as you say I can't post that stuff here.

ken

General Apathy
Sebline is way above average. Expensive ???

Hi M, No idea what average accomodation or prices are, obviously living here I don't have to think of staying places. The lady who runs it Diane, is in the college course that I am doing that's my only connection.

ken ;)

General Apathy

post-344-1321964939.jpg

Hi Everyone, apologies for not posting for the past couple of day's I got sidetracked into adding photographs and posts on a topic started by Sabrejet on ' carded insignia ', topic link here. :thumbsup:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=127954&hl=

This also led me into adding photos and posts into another two or three topics on patches.

Normal service should be resumed shortly. :lol:;)

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 22 November 2011

Hi Chunky and JS, I think we need to move on now and get back to the subject of militaria before we get thrown in the pen. :w00t:

Talking of the 633 squadron film it's a sad statement to make but a good number of original mosquito aircraft, airframes, and spares were destroyed in that film. :crying:

ken

Ken,

I think you should absolutely move on and focus on military history. Now there is a nice resistance museum in Oslo and you could visit Telemark where the Heavy Water plant was located. Oh and don't forget the German battleship Blucher that is sunk in the Oslo fjord. I hopped a boat from Newcastle to Bergen and it wasn't too bad of a trip. Yes siree, Norway's got some great sites to visit! :lol:

first and foremost a gentleman Sir, a gentleman :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

ken

Norman D. Landing, Forum Normandy Correspondent, 18 November 2011

Ken,

I am getting caught up on the forum. I wanted to say that you are just a big teddy bear so of course she trusted you. Who wouldn't?

....Kat

She'd obviously heard rumours about the size of Ken's "shoebox"!! :whistling:

Ian,

This one made me laugh out loud!

I have been wanting to see Ken's shoebox but NOT THAT shoebox! :lol:

....Kat

Ian,

This one made me laugh out loud!

I have been wanting to see Ken's shoebox but NOT THAT shoebox! :lol:

....Kat

Hello Kat..good to see you back in circulation and smiling again! :thumbsup: Ken's shoebox has turned many a woman's head. ;)

....... I wanted to say that you are just a big teddy bear so of course she trusted you. Who wouldn't?

....Kat

KAT.......

IS THAT A SERIOUS QUESTION?? :w00t:

Hi Chunky and JS, Talking of the 633 squadron film it's a sad statement to make but a good number of original mosquito aircraft, airframes, and spares were destroyed in that film. :crying:

Ken,

Why would they destroy real aircraft while filming a movie? I thought they used dummies to destroy and not the real thing.

By the way, your eye for detail is amazing. I can't believe you can see an aerial photograph then find the same thing at street level.

....Kat

Ken,

Why would they destroy real aircraft while filming a movie? I thought they used dummies to destroy and not the real thing.

By the way, your eye for detail is amazing. I can't believe you can see an aerial photograph then find the same thing at street level.

....Kat

Kat...it's not the dummies which are destroyed, it's the dummies who did the destroying!! :pinch:

General Apathy
I thought maybe you were headed to Norway.The area I live in was settled by people from Norway. It still is a strong presence around here. Robert

Hi Robert, there was a saying that went something like ' A day late and a dollar short ', however that saying must be ninety years out of date.

In my case ' I'm thirty years too late and a wheelbarrow of cash short ' after all these are recessionary times we are in. :crying:

The poor girl is only five years older than my daughter. :pinch:

ken

General Apathy
Ken,

I think you should absolutely move on and focus on military history. Now there is a nice resistance museum in Oslo and you could visit Telemark where the Heavy Water plant was located. Oh and don't forget the German battleship Blucher that is sunk in the Oslo fjord. I hopped a boat from Newcastle to Bergen and it wasn't too bad of a trip. Yes siree, Norway's got some great sites to visit! :lol:

Hi Beast, you forgot to add the part about there's ten feet of snow there presently. I hear four hours south of me there's ten feet of sunshine, erm now is it heads or tails. :unsure:

ken

General Apathy
Ken,

I am getting caught up on the forum. I wanted to say that you are just a big teddy bear so of course she trusted you. Who wouldn't?

....Kat

Hi Kat, years ago I might have been a teddy bear but these days I am just thread bare. :huh:

Take care :thumbsup:

ken

General Apathy
Hello Kat..good to see you back in circulation and smiling again! :thumbsup: Ken's shoebox has turned many a woman's head. ;)

Yes hi Kat, welcome back again ;)

ken

General Apathy
KAT.......

IS THAT A SERIOUS QUESTION?? :w00t:

JS, I thought you were a man that kept stum :lol:

ken

:pinch: